Wet Feet

Tonkatoy.
Hard Yaka

Wet Feet

Postby Tonkatoy. » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 pm

On the way to work this morning I felt a few drips on my right foot (at first I thought it was just Nissan drivers :lol: ) It was pouring with rain but it has never leaked before and I have a considerable amount of moisture in the foot well now. I put my hand under the dash and it felt like the water was dripping of the plug to plug an engine diagnostic tool in on the right side just under dash. Now I have just had the windscreen replaced but can't see any obvious places where it has come in.

Any Ideas?? :( :(
If there's no Blood it ain't Hurt
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
OIIIIO

derk
Hard Yaka

Re: Wet Feet

Postby derk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Tonkatoy. wrote:it has never leaked before ........ Now I have just had the windscreen replaced

Any Ideas?? :( :(

is that any help :D

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Postby lax2wlg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Tonkatoy. wrote:I felt a few drips on my right foot (at first I thought it was just Nissan drivers :lol: )

Dont think it could be this, as the Nissan drivers are actually in front of you, snatching you out of the slop :wink:

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 pm

personally i think its coming in from the exhaust.
its has been vacuumed in once the vehicle is moving and then making its way right through the motor ejecting its self out of the air filter box, tracking alone the insides of the guard edge, down into the sill channel, up behind the passangers seat, along the transmission tunnel and finally its got to a point where the horrible little water bead just will not travel any further and is now dripping down onto the carpet in the foot well. well it was dripping onto the carpet untill you put your boot in its way. thus you have now ruined this little bit of water prefect travel plans of making it to where the rest of their family are having a local get together in the right side front floor pan

monstr
Hard Yaka

Postby monstr » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:39 pm

If it has a sun roof check the drain pipe in the corners ,they run down into the side kick panels and if blocked you get that problem also the drain under wiper vent

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Postby lax2wlg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:40 pm

mudlva wrote:personally i think its coming in from the exhaust.
its has been vacuumed in once the vehicle is moving and then making its way right through the motor ejecting its self out of the air filter box, tracking alone the insides of the guard edge, down into the sill channel, up behind the passangers seat, along the transmission tunnel and finally its got to a point where the horrible little water bead just will not travel any further and is now dripping down onto the carpet in the foot well. well it was dripping onto the carpet untill you put your boot in its way. thus you have now ruined this little bit of water prefect travel plans of making it to where the rest of their family are having a local get together in the right side front floor pan

Perfect diagnosis.
Right on the money.

Tonkatoy.
Hard Yaka

Postby Tonkatoy. » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:59 pm

mudlva wrote:personally i think its coming in from the exhaust.

I thought this so but I have hooked up a little heater in the exhaust to evaporate any little drips that decide to hitch a ride and I also stumped them as I have no carpet in the drivers side so they are stiff out of luck of getting a nice comfy ride as they have to sit on steel now and they can't get out of my airbox unless they travel up my snorkel and then the wind created by my immense speed would carry the water away from my vehicle and on to the Toyotas behind me hence this can't be the problem.
Any other ideas?
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
OIIIIO

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 pm

try some directed spraying with the hose on a few specific areas to try and isolate the leak mate I'd be starting with the windscreen if the problem only started after it was replaced :D

Tonkatoy.
Hard Yaka

Postby Tonkatoy. » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:52 am

derk wrote:try some directed spraying with the hose on a few specific areas to try and isolate the leak mate I'd be starting with the windscreen if the problem only started after it was replaced :D

Thanks Derk - The windscreen guys are coming out to re-install it so I will see if that fixes it otherwise will start with selective spraying.
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
OIIIIO

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:06 pm

monstr wrote:If it has a sun roof check the drain pipe in the corners ,they run down into the side kick panels and if blocked you get that problem also the drain under wiper vent

Wranglers don't have sun roof..... You just take the complete top off. It might be that the top is sitting properly and water is coming inside along the wind shield frame and then on the floor.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

Tonkatoy.
Hard Yaka

Postby Tonkatoy. » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:02 am

Well I have had the windscreen replaced - They were just going to refit it but the glazier broke the windscreen when taking it out so yet another set of club stickers and such wasted. Roof seems to be nice and tight thanks TJ. Could it be coming in through the heater vent on the bonnet?
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
OIIIIO

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:56 am

If the windscreen is good and there is no sunroof then... I would say the drain for the heater is blocked, unfortunately I've never worked on a jeep so I am guessing what this would be and where.... most cars have a rubber hose valve, a rubber hose with a pinched off end at a guess I'd say on the fire wall inside the engine bay somewhere near the start of the trans tunnel.... worst case its could be mud or leaves blocking the drain hose inside the heater box

Tonkatoy.
Hard Yaka

Postby Tonkatoy. » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:17 pm

De-Ranged wrote:If the windscreen is good and there is no sunroof then... I would say the drain for the heater is blocked, unfortunately I've never worked on a jeep so I am guessing what this would be and where.... most cars have a rubber hose valve, a rubber hose with a pinched off end at a guess I'd say on the fire wall inside the engine bay somewhere near the start of the trans tunnel.... worst case its could be mud or leaves blocking the drain hose inside the heater box

Thanks De-Ranged will check that.
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
OIIIIO

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:33 pm

If that hose is blocked, it normally means water dripping on the passenger side not the driver side. Look for the end on the firewall right between the exhaust and the battery tray. That can get clogged with stuff.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

Tonkatoy.
Hard Yaka

Postby Tonkatoy. » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:07 am

Thanks again everyone looks like it may have been the windscreen after all as I came home through a heavy downpour and nothing so I will blame the glaziers :lol:
I'd say the little bit that leak after the windscreen was fixed may have already been in the cab and just worked it's way down
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
OIIIIO

Return to “Jeep”