Jeep ECU Wanted (to buy or loan)!

turoa
Pyro Junior

Jeep ECU Wanted (to buy or loan)!

Postby turoa » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:43 am

Hi all,

New to the jeep world but have bought myself a 2000 wrangler! Problem is that its been drowned. Have rebuilt the engine and put it back in the hole but am having an issue with it. Being a 2000 its the changeover year for the coilpack ignition. It seems to have spark, but the ECU will not trigger the injectors, and I cant get it to connect to an obd2 reader.

Seems a bit strange given that it does send signal to the dash however (looking for one of those too if anyone has one!)

If anyone has an ECU I could borrow to plug in and see if thats the issue, or knows of one for a reasonable price (Ibelieve the XJ coilpack computers will also work) it would be much appreciated! Liquid refreshments will be provided as a reward. Or if you know what could be the issue, suggest away!. Have checked cam/crank angle sensors and they both need to work for it to spark. Have also checked all the power feeds and everything is there for it to go, but just wont trigger the injectors

Thanks,
Turoa

TJ
Hard Yaka

Re: Jeep ECU Wanted (to buy or loan)!

Postby TJ » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:45 pm

If it has sentry keys and the keys don't match wants in ECU, it won't stay started for more than a couple of seconds. A different ECU with your sentry keys won't make it run. OBD should read. When you plug in the readers, does the reader get any power?
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Its not the sentry key that is the issue atm. It just flat out won't trigger the injectors (although I suspect the sentry key could be an issue in the future). Yep OBD2 reader gets power but cant connect to the ECU. I think the part of the ecu that drives the injectors may be dead

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:25 pm

turoa wrote:Its not the sentry key that is the issue atm. It just flat out won't trigger the injectors (although I suspect the sentry key could be an issue in the future). Yep OBD2 reader gets power but cant connect to the ECU. I think the part of the ecu that drives the injectors may be dead

Long shot but: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/fuel-pump-and-auto-shut-off-issue-184371.html

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:34 pm

TJ wrote:
turoa wrote:Its not the sentry key that is the issue atm. It just flat out won't trigger the injectors (although I suspect the sentry key could be an issue in the future). Yep OBD2 reader gets power but cant connect to the ECU. I think the part of the ecu that drives the injectors may be dead

Long shot but: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/fuel-pump-and-auto-shut-off-issue-184371.html

Alas, I dont think its that, had a look inside the computer and it looks brand new, plus not having any issues with spark or fuel pump priming

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Have you tried putting some fuel down the intake to see if it fires up properly? Even for a little while.

Auto Shutdown Relay controls the injector pulse on these. ASD only fires them up if proper signals are coming from crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor.

I am assuming fuel pump primes and there is pressure on the fuel rail.

imsohi
Hard Yaka

Postby imsohi » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Have you tried Sav at the 4x4 centre in nelson hes a Jeep Guru.

turoa
Pyro Junior

Postby turoa » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:51 pm

TJ wrote:Have you tried putting some fuel down the intake to see if it fires up properly? Even for a little while.

Auto Shutdown Relay controls the injector pulse on these. ASD only fires them up if proper signals are coming from crankshaft sensor and camshaft sensor.

I am assuming fuel pump primes and there is pressure on the fuel rail.

Yep have bypassed the ASD relay so have power at the injectors. Tried a noid light and theres no flashing and the injector tester seems to fire the injectors ok. But yep have pressure in the rail :mrgreen:

When you give it a bit of ether its definitely firing so it does something!

imsohi wrote:Have you tried Sav at the 4x4 centre in nelson hes a Jeep Guru.

Na I havn't but I think Yeti's sent him a message for me
Last edited by turoa on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:30 pm

yep sent sos out to sav :D
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

Return to “Jeep”