Tempory lossing power

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Tempory lossing power

Postby pmfg » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi peoples.

my 97 Wrangler has start to form a problem. not all the time, but enough to worry me it, after starting up will idle rough, followed by starting to drive it having to push the foot further and further down to get it to move. Followed by a pop under the bonnet, then its all fine for the remainder of the drive. It doesnt throw up any check engine lights or nothing.

I was thinking it might be the fuel pump playing up and not sending enough petrol down the line after start up.

Has anyone had this problem before and might be able to point me in the right direction? Last thing i want to do is find out its an o2 sensor or something and melt a piston from leaning it out.

wopass
Hard Yaka

Re: Tempory lossing power

Postby wopass » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:13 pm

EGR valve stuck open?
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Postby pmfg » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:54 pm

I didn't think the 4l engines had egr valves?

Lchundy
Hard Yaka

Postby Lchundy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Had a similar issue
It's was the laser on the electronic ignition and dust on the plate that that the laser would read.
Gave it a blow out and sweet this was after I put new fuel pump in which is what diagnosis was telling me :|
This was on a pathfinder but worth check your dissy anyway.

yeti
Bruiser

Postby yeti » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:30 pm

is she auto .....May be TPS
v8 tj...luvs the gas......

churchill
Hard Yaka

Postby churchill » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:26 pm

pmfg
Bush Crasher

Postby pmfg » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Sorry for the slow replies guys, Generator at work decided it wanted to catch on fire and I been a busy boy pulling it apart.

I think it might be an o2 sensor as it only does it when its cold, and for maybe 500 meters drive down the road. Once that stage is over its fine.

I think the o2 sensors have little heater coils in them for when you start the car from cold to give them a correct reading untill the gasses in the exhuast heat it up enough. which may explain why its fine after a short drive down the road.

Might have to order some new sensors and replace all the tps, o2, crank etc at once and hope for the best :lol:

Return to “Jeep”