location of flasher relay on 98 cherokee

Beagle
Winch master

location of flasher relay on 98 cherokee

Postby Beagle » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:20 pm

Both the Indicators and the Hazard Flashers have ceased working on my 98 Cherokee sport. Its the 2.5 diesel turbo version but I wouldn't think this part of the Electrics are different to the Petrol versions. Can anyone tell me where to find the Flasher relay please ??. Any other suggestions as to the cause of or remedy to the problem is welcome. Cheers.

xj
Hard Yaka

Postby xj » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:30 pm

Behind the diagnostics plug data link connector (bottom of dash above right foot) there's a white half round semi-spherical shaped plastic thingie which is the diagnostics splice block, on the same mounting bracket is my flasher relay (1999 petrol). Apparently however they (both the relay and the diag splice block) are meant to be mounted much higher, basically behind your right-most air vent.
Have you checked fuses, not the ones in the engine bay, but the ones behind the panel right beside the accelerator pedal?
/| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-

()_) ()_)-----)_)
KEEP'N JEEP'N!

Beagle
Winch master

Postby Beagle » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:44 am

Thanks hard yakka. Yes I've checked the fuses down by the accelarator and removed the cowlings round the steering wheel and panel below. Now I know what I'm looking for I'll give it another shot. Given the comprehensive nature of the engine management system on this vehicle and its ability to do its own thing from time to time I'm worried that its a computor fault but it hasn't beaten me to date and she's neat to drive. 266thous clicks now and still pulls like a schoolboy...
cheers.

xj
Hard Yaka

Postby xj » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:53 pm

My names Mark mate, Happy to help. I'll have a nosy online tonight and see if i can find any schematics for ya as a visual aid.
/| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-

()_) ()_)-----)_)
KEEP'N JEEP'N!

Beagle
Winch master

Postby Beagle » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:22 pm

Thanks Mark. I managed to get a manual for the Diesel version from the U.K. a while back (Gregories & Haynes don't cover it ) but it doesn't include Electrics and neither does the little orig. owners manuual . I've dredged around the web abit and havn't had much luck so if you can turn something up It would be apreciated.
Cheers (Grant).

Return to “Jeep”