Newbie jeep owner

FarmerDan
Winch master

Newbie jeep owner

Postby FarmerDan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Hey guys after years of humming and harring i decided to buy a 1997 jeep cherokee.

A few things im curious about:

The steering was out so took it in and got alignment done, still has play when turning left and tyre guys rekoned power steering pump isnt working properly.

Seems to have a whine or grinding noise coming from back end, i checked universal on drive shaft seems ok, checked diff oil and is pretty clean ???

Tranz is smooth and engine purrs, previous owner hooked up electric fan to a manual switch was thinking of taking it back to stock but is it worth it?

Spare tyre mounts???? Can you get them for these so u can put on tailgate or on a swinging rail??? Its pointless having a big boot with a bloody tyre in there.

Transfer box has a set of wires coming of it into a brace thing just above drive shaft about 300mm behind box, the colours are x2 grey x1 black x1white they have been ripped off and dong know wat was attatched any ideas? 4wd stikl works mint.

Buy all in all im pretty happy, 220000kms. Arb bull bar with winch and snorkel on 31x10.5-15s. New wof for $3000.
Just wanted a bit of advice on things above and wat to look out for as iv owned alot of 4x4z before this been a fairly big nissan and isuzu supporter!
Cheers

BlakeNZ
Hard Yaka

Re: Newbie jeep owner

Postby BlakeNZ » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:38 pm

well you couldn't put an ARB bar, winch, snorkel and mud tires on it for $3000, so you are ahead of the game, assuming the motor and box are ok.

FarmerDan
Winch master

Re: Newbie jeep owner

Postby FarmerDan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:12 pm

No nothing wrong with motor or box. Runs like a dream i that aspect

Return to “Jeep”