27th and 28th June

muddymatt
Hard Yaka

27th and 28th June

Postby muddymatt » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Well I stripped the seats, doors and front guards off the Mu for fitting the cage. Scratched head and looked at for a bit and now I think I know where I want it to go. Still not sure if my bending skills are up to the job.

Then took the kids to a friends place so they could hoon about on the quad. Came very close to getting the new D3 stuck in her paddock. Unhitched the trailer and tried grass/gravel/snow instead of mud/ruts and out she came. Still hugely impressive as it's on road tyres.

Then dumped a load of rubbish at a mates quarry and had a little play there too.

Thats it for me.

Matt

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Re: 27th and 28th June

Postby mercutio » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:48 pm

stripped the motor down that i had transplanted into the g it is stuffed bearing and rings still got some options but finding enthusiasm while it is bucketing down is an issue :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
my 4wd is not a truck

old mercedes never die but sometimes they do need some love

older cars are good,mercedes are better,older mercedes are the best

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:41 pm

mercutio wrote:stripped the motor down that i had transplanted into the g it is stuffed bearing and rings still got some options but finding enthusiasm while it is bucketing down is an issue :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Remember what we talked about on the phone last week??

Mmmm.mm.m.mmm.mmm mitzi,merc,mazda...bang nunga nunga nunga clang clang clang donkadonkadonka splutter Huffffffffff.......

GET RID OF IT!!! :lol:

ohh and i did a little bit more work on the wiring on the missile... 8)
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

gimmemud
Hard Yaka

Postby gimmemud » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:45 pm

sold an engine, snorkel and bar this weekend. hopefully body swap next weekend. can't wait for the nice ride of a 130 body

its_that_guy2
Hard Yaka

Postby its_that_guy2 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:03 pm

spent most of the week building a front bumper for the cruiser .. took it up rally woods and broke it off in 5 min lol
sheared all the bolts out of the chassis rail on the first snatch ....
atleast my welds were strong ! :lol:

muskie
Hard Yaka

Postby muskie » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:32 pm

put 27 litres of petrol into my daily driver DIESEL safari LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
called the AA which in the past 3 years i have never used, they told me my renewal premium was 8 days late! so we paid over the phone. they then told me that unfortunatly its driver error and they can only call an independant garage out to sort it which will cost $300. so i walked into town to buy a syphon hose and petrol container, the hose has a ball bearing in and you shake it to draw up the fuel, bloody brilliant, i was dreading sucking through the tube. managed to get 22 litres out then filled up to the top with 56 litres of diesel. seems a bit sluggish but the diesel guy said it will be fine next fill up. :oops:

cost me $50 for the petrol, $45 for the can and hose, and another $62.50 for the diesel.

and the worst thing is that the wife was with me and all she said was, i am glad you did it and not me then laughed heartily.
Last edited by muskie on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xj
Hard Yaka

Postby xj » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:18 pm

muskie wrote:and the worst thing is that the wife was with me and all she said was, i am glad you did and not me then laughed heartily.

Wives... theyre nasty like that!
/| , [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-

()_) ()_)-----)_)
KEEP'N JEEP'N!

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:08 pm

ohh and i bought a new moon chair...

obviously for the Dawg :roll:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

Windsurfer0206
Hard Yaka

Postby Windsurfer0206 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:11 am

well yesterday started messing with the engine again cause i only got 330kms to this tank of gas which is around town but worse than before i changed my 3y to injected. found my tps wasnt set right and dropped my timing from 13 degrees to about 9 and also reset my plug gap. seems to run a bit better. my gap was still set for non injected. wasn't able to take it for a spin last night so will tonight see how she runs with timing at 9 degrees. also going to check my o2 sensor. question when i do a self diagnostic on my 3ye it give a perfect code at idle but as soon as i rev it it give code 11 just wondering if this is right?

taking her to taupo on thursday early morn to go iceclimbing for the weekend with the old man and brother should be fun have a little play in the snow maybe!! 8)

T-Boon
Hard Yaka

Postby T-Boon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:52 pm

took a 4 day weekend down to tauranga, with plans to head down to the snow. Pissed down all weekend so snow was a no go, relaxed all weekend did f*all, surf ran well down and back.
To Boon or not to Boon.

Return to “This weekends achievements”