20-21st May

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Re: 20-21st May

Postby Mattman » Tue May 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Did a couple of mods to my Bighorn over the weekend, only just getting around to posting about it.

Installed an LED reverse light, followed Jerry's idea and mounted it to the covering over the number plate light which was pretty straight forward. Picked up the reverse light feed from the right rear corner lamp assembly and fed it through into the door and connected it up.

Picked up one of the high lift jack mounts off trademe, had to make a couple of mods to it to get it working how I wanted. Had to remove the factory nub that allows the wheel to easily sit whilst it's bolted on. Drilled a couple of 8mm holes in the area within the wheel centre on the mount and then bolted the jack mount to the factory spare wheel mount. One of the wheel bolts had a badly damaged thread so I ended up winding it halfway in to the damage and then cut the head off the bolt. This lower bolt now acts as the guide and holder once you get the wheel up onto the jack mount.

Thanks to Chrome for hooking me up with a spare tire. Think I will need a lock of some sort to stop the jack and/or wheel from being borrowed....
Attachments
IMAG0552.jpg
IMAG0551.jpg

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Tue May 22, 2012 7:08 pm

DieselBoy wrote:
Chops4wd wrote:Haha pictures will come, ive kind of jumped the gun and started stripping it down for panel and paint already so not much to take photos of atm. I am looking for good condition seats (i know they probably are impossible to get) or any ideas what other skinny seats fit in them?

Any automotive upholstery place will fix up the damaged seat base. Its always the drivers seat. I have three sets of seats, the drivers is wrecked and the passengers is mint on all of them.

yep like DB the master of truck resto's says unless you want to change the seat type getting them re-upholstered is easier than mucking around trying to find replacement seats that are also half collapsed and flogged out :x

Chops4wd
Hard Yaka

Postby Chops4wd » Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Sadam_Husain wrote:
DieselBoy wrote:
Chops4wd wrote:Haha pictures will come, ive kind of jumped the gun and started stripping it down for panel and paint already so not much to take photos of atm. I am looking for good condition seats (i know they probably are impossible to get) or any ideas what other skinny seats fit in them?

Any automotive upholstery place will fix up the damaged seat base. Its always the drivers seat. I have three sets of seats, the drivers is wrecked and the passengers is mint on all of them.

yep like DB the master of truck resto's says unless you want to change the seat type getting them re-upholstered is easier than mucking around trying to find replacement seats that are also half collapsed and flogged out :x

Nice one guys thanks for the info. Im more worried about the rusty state of the metal seat frames. I will have to clean them up in the weekend and see if they are worth getting reupholstered.

Chops4wd
Hard Yaka

Postby Chops4wd » Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Sadam_Husain wrote:
DieselBoy wrote:

Nice one guys thanks for the info. Im more worried about the rusty state of the metal seat frames. I will have to clean them up in the weekend and see if they are worth getting reupholstered.

juz
Hard Yaka

Postby juz » Tue May 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Maybe get them blasted and powdercoated? That place over the Valley meant to be good and resonably priced..Procote?
Softroader VW Amarok nowadays.... :roll:

niblik
Sausage Shack

Postby niblik » Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 am

i took a few hours to google the 'how to's' on adjusting my interior rear view mirror.. think i got it pretty sorted...

stoked with the outcome.. :D
ImageImage

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Postby kbushnz » Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 am

niblik wrote:i took a few hours to google the 'how to's' on adjusting my interior rear view mirror.. think i got it pretty sorted...

Hey good effort, that's a real tricky one, I still can't get it right...
Here is a good link that I have been using....
http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/tech/mirrors/
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers Calvin
KZJ78 Landcruiser Prado...

ladeda
Hard Yaka

Postby ladeda » Wed May 23, 2012 10:18 am

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^

next week:

How to properly adjust your seating position...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

suzookyman
Hard Yaka

Postby suzookyman » Wed May 23, 2012 12:23 pm

ladeda wrote:^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^

next week:

How to properly adjust your seating position...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Your kidding right?, do you mean you can actually adjust your seating position! oh I can't wait for next week I might be able to take the wooden blocks off my pedals :D :lol: :lol:
"It's a Suzuki thing - you wouldn't understand !"

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Postby Cameron » Wed May 23, 2012 12:48 pm

any pro-tips for locking doors without the key?

keithal
Hard Yaka

Postby keithal » Wed May 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Cameron wrote:any pro-tips for locking doors without the key?

a welder works

Heath
Hard Yaka

Postby Heath » Wed May 23, 2012 5:36 pm

niblik wrote:i took a few hours to google the 'how to's' on adjusting my interior rear view mirror.. think i got it pretty sorted...

Dude I hate to say this, but it's out of focus. Back to google I say...
:mrgreen:

3VILC
Hard Yaka

Postby 3VILC » Wed May 23, 2012 7:57 pm

I tried to adjust my side mirrors on the weekend, as it turns out, using the weight of the truck to push them up against a bank seems to be more force than is required for adjustment :lol:
-------------------------------------------------
Newly brought currently bog standard Discovery V8i with a drinking problem :lol:

Return to “This weekends achievements”