26-28th Oct

Camel
Bush Crasher

26-28th Oct

Postby Camel » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:41 pm

28th Oct..
I went to the beach, and parked my truck very well ..

Good work out :oops:

Cameron
Hard Yaka

Re: 26-28th Oct

Postby Cameron » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:56 pm

00falcon
Hard Yaka

Postby 00falcon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:33 am

90% finished my lift.
Just the front track-bar now.

Altho, she does drive nice(ish)

Woodhill this weekend... :)

Poser Shot
O[][][][][][][]O
Eat, Sleep, Jeep...
-------------------
www.nzjeepclub.co.nz

FORGE1
Hard Yaka

Postby FORGE1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Wedding on Saturday. Mowed my 2 acres yesterday got the mower stuck down the bottom of the hill (self drive walk behind not ride on) so made a bit of a mess to get it out haha thought I would need to get the winch out on the Safari but it found hard ground.
Don't Bend the Rules, Rule the Bends!!!

Jay
Hard Yaka

Postby Jay » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:35 pm

FORGE1 wrote:Wedding on Saturday. Mowed my 2 acres yesterday got the mower stuck down the bottom of the hill (self drive walk behind not ride on) so made a bit of a mess to get it out haha thought I would need to get the winch out on the Safari but it found hard ground.

Next time you bring the new safari down to woodhill, let me know Ray! :)

Jay

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:57 pm

I got an irate call from my landlord because one of the neighbors complained about my grinding noise :/ so much for doing work on the truck... this is actually becoming a bit of a problem... work for an hour a month on the thing and get complaints.

Anyone got a corner of a workshop I can have/rent cheap till I finish the bloody thing?

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Managed to get myself a 1993 Bighorn, 3.1Ti with factory 30mm lift, winch bar and all the lotus upgrades, dam egr's proving problems though. i will get photos later on.

UBZ
Hard Yaka

Postby UBZ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Del Fuego wrote:I got an irate call from my landlord because one of the neighbors complained about my grinding noise :/ so much for doing work on the truck... this is actually becoming a bit of a problem... work for an hour a month on the thing and get complaints.

Anyone got a corner of a workshop I can have/rent cheap till I finish the bloody thing?

Tell Em to call noise control .
My Neighbour tried the same thing and noise control told em to go jump as I was allowed to grind to 10pm at night .
LR110 ..... LJ50 project :roll:
Chris.

BlakeJ
Hard Yaka

Postby BlakeJ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:36 pm

yea the only time you can get done for noises is if its for commericaly purposes, and it will be in the district plan with rules to it.

FORGE1
Hard Yaka

Postby FORGE1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Jay wrote:
FORGE1 wrote:Wedding on Saturday. Mowed my 2 acres yesterday got the mower stuck down the bottom of the hill (self drive walk behind not ride on) so made a bit of a mess to get it out haha thought I would need to get the winch out on the Safari but it found hard ground.

Next time you bring the new safari down to woodhill, let me know Ray! :)

Jay

Yeah mate sounds like a plan :) I wanted a 80 series like your but only had $5k to spend. If your keen might look at doing touring trips like what DieselBoy does. haha it only cost me $100 to get the New plymouth the other week and the bighorn cost $80 just to get to Woodhill.
Don't Bend the Rules, Rule the Bends!!!

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:12 pm

UBZ wrote:
Del Fuego wrote:I got an irate call from my landlord because one of the neighbors complained about my grinding noise :/ so much for doing work on the truck... this is actually becoming a bit of a problem... work for an hour a month on the thing and get complaints.

My Neighbour tried the same thing and noise control told em to go jump as I was allowed to grind to 10pm at night .

Yeah I know legally that is the situation... but I really don't want to make myself a nuisance to the landlord. Would gladly tell the complainer to eat a dick if I knew who it was but if they are gonna call the agency looking after the property every time it may be that it becomes too much of a pain and they might think it is easier to have someone else there...

Also I suspect something in my tenancy agreement says something about annoying people... will have to have a proper talk to the agency :/

Sadam_Husain
Angry bird

Postby Sadam_Husain » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Del Fuego wrote:
UBZ wrote:

Yeah I know legally that is the situation... but I really don't want to make myself a nuisance to the landlord. Would gladly tell the complainer to eat a dick if I knew who it was but if they are gonna call the agency looking after the property every time it may be that it becomes too much of a pain and they might think it is easier to have someone else there...

Also I suspect something in my tenancy agreement says something about annoying people... will have to have a proper talk to the agency :/

yeah mate take it up with the landlord or acency if your being reasonable about amount of noise and disturbance your causing, your grinders probably making less noise than the neighbours lawnmower

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm

I think it is just one grumpy #### but yeah I should probably just clear it up with the agency to stop it being an issue :) I was well baffled considering earlier in the day we had a concrete cutter working on the road, a blardy noisy petrol powered trimmer/chainsaw type thing and someone drilling holes in something all for several hours but my 40 mins of grinding was the issue :/

Dr_PC
Hard Yaka

Postby Dr_PC » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Went to the really site Friday for the last workign bee, Went to the rally site Saturday for Course insepection, Went to the rally Site Sunday for the rallyand got to put a face to rotadog, Went to the rally site today for the cleanup, thank christ it rained today and not while the rally was on. Was a bitch to stand up on the flat on the hills, never mind in the hazards, had a ball in the buggy trying to get up to get pegs and signage etc to take back down to the pits

andysh
Driver/Navigator

Postby andysh » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Del Fuego wrote:I think it is just one grumpy #### but yeah I should probably just clear it up with the agency to stop it being an issue :) I was well baffled considering earlier in the day we had a concrete cutter working on the road, a blardy noisy petrol powered trimmer/chainsaw type thing and someone drilling holes in something all for several hours but my 40 mins of grinding was the issue :/

Just FYI, I have come across contracts that don't allow you to work on the car, is a bit annoying - might be why they are calling the landlord?

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:50 pm

andysh wrote:
Del Fuego wrote:I think it is just one grumpy #### but yeah I should probably just clear it up with the agency to stop it being an issue :) I was well baffled considering earlier in the day we had a concrete cutter working on the road, a blardy noisy petrol powered trimmer/chainsaw type thing and someone drilling holes in something all for several hours but my 40 mins of grinding was the issue :/

Just FYI, I have come across contracts that don't allow you to work on the car, is a bit annoying - might be why they are calling the landlord?

If its a body corporate situation, it might be in one of the bye laws. I have lived in a place where it was part of the tenancy agreement not to maintain or work on my cars. In fact, car alarms had to be armed/disarmed in silent mode between 8pm and 8am..... Yep, fun place.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Got most of the parts to fix my rear brakes, but now my back is killing me. Oh well, life goes on.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

badnuz
Hard Yaka

Postby badnuz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:03 am

flew over to Melborne, went wheeling in wombat state forest 8) , then went walking in wombat state forest, :? got rescued and extracted dead 80 from bog....... :cry: pics to come was bloody awesome days outing thou! :mrgreen:
i used to Cruise, now i PATROL

Jay
Hard Yaka

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:55 am

[/quote]

Yeah mate sounds like a plan :) I wanted a 80 series like your but only had $5k to spend. If your keen might look at doing touring trips like what DieselBoy does. haha it only cost me $100 to get the New plymouth the other week and the bighorn cost $80 just to get to Woodhill.[/quote]

Awesome, yeah sounds good - i'd be keen aye!.... and I know that feeling... at one stage i had a 3.5 pajero with 35's - I think it actually cost more to run that my safari with the 350?!?! I dont miss that fuel bill at all!!

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Postby rotordogg » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:38 am

When to First round of nationals, was ment to be filming for another palmy guy, got asked by John Cowper to co-drive for him, I couldn't say no to that!! was great to see what he could do!!

Awsome day out, great hazards, nice to chat to Dr PC too...

Thanks to all that helped out to make the day what it was!
It's just more fun in a lada !!

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:03 pm

TJ wrote:
andysh wrote:

If its a body corporate situation, it might be in one of the bye laws. I have lived in a place where it was part of the tenancy agreement not to maintain or work on my cars. In fact, car alarms had to be armed/disarmed in silent mode between 8pm and 8am..... Yep, fun place.

Yeah, I have a sneaky suspicion it may be buried in the tenancy agreement somewhere, might try and find it before I get too bolshy about it. It isn't a body corp situation, just two units, they guys in the other unit are sweet, it is just one of the houses nearby I think (I suspect the one that had guys building a deck at 7am weekends for about a month... cock). But yeah I suspect I may be screwed hence trying to find a cheap corner of a workshop. Problem is to lease a place is real pricey:(

Taz
Hard Yaka

Postby Taz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Del Fuego wrote:
Yeah, I have a sneaky suspicion it may be buried in the tenancy agreement somewhere, might try and find it before I get too bolshy about it. It isn't a body corp situation, just two units, they guys in the other unit are sweet, it is just one of the houses nearby I think (I suspect the one that had guys building a deck at 7am weekends for about a month... cock). But yeah I suspect I may be screwed hence trying to find a cheap corner of a workshop. Problem is to lease a place is real pricey:(

Offer then 10-20 bucks extra a week to remove it from the contract? That would be less that you'd pay for a storage unit to work out of. Or just move? :P
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." - Oscar Wilde
Work in progress - www.pearls.kiwi

bruntonjm
Hard Yaka

Postby bruntonjm » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Just FYI, I have come across contracts that don't allow you to work on the car, is a bit annoying - might be why they are calling the landlord?[/quote]

If its a body corporate situation, it might be in one of the bye laws. I have lived in a place where it was part of the tenancy agreement not to maintain or work on my cars. In fact, car alarms had to be armed/disarmed in silent mode between 8pm and 8am..... Yep, fun place.[/quote]

Yeah, I have a sneaky suspicion it may be buried in the tenancy agreement somewhere, might try and find it before I get too bolshy about it. It isn't a body corp situation, just two units, they guys in the other unit are sweet, it is just one of the houses nearby I think (I suspect the one that had guys building a deck at 7am weekends for about a month... cock). But yeah I suspect I may be screwed hence trying to find a cheap corner of a workshop. Problem is to lease a place is real pricey:([/quote]

In the standard DBH residential tenancy agreement lease, it says the tenants responsibility is "not to disturb the neighbours ar land lords other tenants". disturbing the neighbours is open to interpretation though....

CLUMZ1
Hard Yaka

Postby CLUMZ1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:52 pm

is this to ensure the MTA keeps their profits up?

Rotazuk
Hard Yaka

Postby Rotazuk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:03 pm

rotordogg wrote:When to First round of nationals, was ment to be filming for another palmy guy, got asked by John Cowper to co-drive for him, I couldn't say no to that!! was great to see what he could do!!

I was talking to mrs Cowper , she was not happy about getting kicked out of the seat :D

ladeda
Hard Yaka

Postby ladeda » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Taz wrote:
Del Fuego wrote:

Offer then 10-20 bucks extra a week to remove it from the contract? That would be less that you'd pay for a storage unit to work out of. Or just move? :P

I second that. mate no offence but you do live n the most ...."Auckland" part of auckland :lol: move out west were no one gives a shit what ya do and how loud ya do it, evin if they do care, there to scared to complain, cos ya might be a bogan. and no one likes an angry bogan :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway took the cam out of the shitta aaaaaaand like an absolute apprentice managed to drop the lock tab for the bolt and the washer down the timing chest.......... :? :evil: :x :roll:
Thank the man that invented the magnet I say, got them out eventually after droping the oil out and removing the oil seperator to go fishing in the sump. now just gota pick up the cam and put it back in, set it all up, Im expecting a mirical (spelling?) that the lada will actually start up again :shock: :D

started susing out mounting some seats according to the lvvta. Im mounting the drivers seat much further back to the origional mounts so I can actually drive using my hands instead of my knees......

Del Fuego
Hard Yaka

Postby Del Fuego » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:27 pm

Yeah, I really do... only worse spot would be maybe ponsonby haha. I wouldn't mind working on the truck out west but not to be rude but it is not my ideal living location haha, I should probably stop whinging and find out what the story actually is.

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:19 pm

just buy ur neighbour a set of earmuffs, or yourself a set :lol:

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Postby rotordogg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:17 am

Rotazuk wrote:
rotordogg wrote:When to First round of nationals, was ment to be filming for another palmy guy, got asked by John Cowper to co-drive for him, I couldn't say no to that!! was great to see what he could do!!

I was talking to mrs Cowper , she was not happy about getting kicked out of the seat :D

:lol: yea, she was grumpy during the day but commented at prizegiving she didn't feel as tired spectating as she normally did after co-driving for a day...
It's just more fun in a lada !!

Return to “This weekends achievements”