20 th-21st

coxsy
Hard Yaka

20 th-21st

Postby coxsy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Wound 40 metres of new 8mm wire onto the pto, and jerry& gill called around to vist :D
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

jonossiksilvia
Hard Yaka

Re: 20 th-21st

Postby jonossiksilvia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Finished the winch install finally. Well winch was finished last week but spent the day setting up in cab control

Switch with red cover turns on and off the cab controls
Once this switch is on the red led between buttons lights up
The 2 red round buttons are in and out

Also got my uhf radio installed
]Image

Forgot to get a pic of external cb speaker setup.
Current 4wd: Surf Kzn185 ssrg factory Intercooled (yet to start build)
Past 4wd: toyota surf ln130, coil sas, 1uz v8 build

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Postby kbushnz » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Went to Woodhill..... Its very very dry in there even with all the rain we have been having :shock:
Only a few in the park... like 4 punters :shock:
Drove a few tracks and my driver for the 24hr Kiwi challenge took his newly built truck out for a shake down run... Few things to adjust and fix..But thats how it goes....4 toyotas on Patrol... One towed out and trailered home. One blew something in the front diff but drove home... And the other one and I all good...
At least they weren't towed out by a Nissan or even worse a Landie... :wink:
(heehe only kidding)
Cheers Calvin
KZJ78 Landcruiser Prado...

tintin
Hard Yaka

Postby tintin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Today I bent my rear mudgaurds and stays to shape and fitted them, they are a little short but look ok. Tomorrows mission is to paint the stays and fit the flexy flares i picked up from repco today and swap the gearbox crossmember for the one I had painted the other day.
all i now need is ply for the deck and then WOF time :D
1980 4x4 Hilux Restoration Image

yael
Hard Yaka

Postby yael » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Spent the day fitting new radiator hoses, shiny new front disks, callipers and pads Hopefully i should be able to stop a tad better now 8)
If you cant beat us Gingers, JOIN US!!

rotordogg
Hard Yaka

Postby rotordogg » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:19 am

Took GF out to co-drive for the first time, went to Wanganui/New Plymouth interclub, Had a great day despite the morning rain, Always fun taking a newby out for a blat!! :lol:
Sad to say I couldn't make her scream even when we got air or rolled!! :twisted:

Bit of damage to truck but nothing that can't be fixed or patched up!
It's just more fun in a lada !!

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:50 pm

spent the afternoon having a play up the Porika, even found a couple of small new to me tracks. It was wet the clay was slippery and I love it when after failing in 4low you go for 4high to better clear the tyres and get a bit further up and then start sliding back down with everything driving forward :lol:

SV1K
Site Admin

Postby SV1K » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Got a replacement diff head and changed the guts & ring gear over to the welded one I had, just have to put it back in the rear and then put the rest of the rear end back together. (Stinky you busy this week?)

Also brought a new tool box as I was sick of the plastic handle ones always giving way and ending up on my toes, so I brought s good steel canter-leaver one.

Oh and Skiddy - Softy said that he liked your friday night date-nite, he said bring ya togs again as the spa is always on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stinky
House Hubby

Postby stinky » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Dude sorry my back isnt where it used to be and the cat has a sore toe along with my dogs sick other wise id be there :wink:

Joopa
Driver/Navigator

Postby Joopa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:43 pm

Decided to do a quick oil change for Safari. Took only 3 hours :evil:

Old filters must have been screwed in by a bloody gorilla and filter wrench just crushed them. Had to do old "screwdriver through filter" trick to both filters to get them out with spilling old oil everywhere.

sig
Jeep Jeep

Postby sig » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:10 pm

did some more playing with the playdoh over the weekend .redid my leaking pto cover ,took it for a short drive and leak seemed to be fixed,yeah right.after a longer drive and then standing beside it heard a hissing noise .turned out that when i extended the transfer case breather i teed it into the auto breather and unbeknown to me there was a non return cap on it so it could suck in but not out .Buggered if i know why but the result was when both got hot and tryed to vent it couldn,t and ended up pressurising the transfer and blew oil out of the easiest path ie my newly gasketed pto cover.have just degreased under neath it and will check fluid levels tomorrow night and take it for anotherb drive and see if it is fixed.also managed to mount my prs,stereo plus speakers and aerials .Picked up another driveshaft yoke a lenght of 4340 to make a solid driveshaft.Now need to drop it off to a mate to machine it up .Finished hooking up thr 4wd vacuam lines and tested them .All good which is a bonus.still have to muck around with the electric hubs which i might try and get going temporaraly to give me 4wd.Picked up some steel to make a driveshaft loop for certing .still have to fart around with the handbrake.had another play with the brakes and discovered that my new vh40 booster had been assembled wrong and the diaphram had been kinked.managed to sort that and now it stops awesomely.also picked up some steel from "chrome" to start my towbar.ran out of time to start that.was hoping to get it in for a cert this week but still a few things to do.have decided to take a long weekend this week so will put prado on hold while i go over to the farm for a bomb up and a play on the bikes.looking forward to having a battery recharge
FJ40,INJECTED SB 406 CHEV, LOCKER,35 SIMEXS,warn winch , 80seies vx 4.2 24v turbo diesel ,fr and rear lockers 3" exh top mount intercooler, 021 724482

wopass
Hard Yaka

Postby wopass » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:16 am

finished moving my Mum about 4pm sunday afternoon so thought, seeing as its pissing down and has been torential over the hills and i couldnt go to the waikato champs...we should go for a blat up thomps in the dark to see how it is... same as it always is, thats how it is. Lol my missuz wasnt keen to do katikati side either :roll: dunno why not!?

:mrgreen:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:14 am

Counties vs thames interclub finals out onewhero way yesty. Great action as always. Phone went flat before some of the bigger Oh F moments. Some good saves too :mrgreen: *click on pic for vid

Jeeper
Hard Yaka

Postby Jeeper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Finally got out to woodhill for the first time and had a blast, got her on three wheels on a steep decline, played in the only mud in the park and got a little lost. Cant wait for some decent rain ( not the golfball sized hail that randomly dropped at the end of the day) to head back in and really get muddy. Heaps of deer in there too... Dropped into the Huapai Tav for a brew on the way home. Great daya all in all and nothing broke which was good.

stinky
House Hubby

Postby stinky » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Brought a new car have a guess those who know shut up there is a prize (not)

Martin

http://www.wtbs.co.nz

possum70
It was a Ford Hilux I think?

Postby possum70 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm

stinky wrote:Brought a new car have a guess those who know shut up there is a prize (not)

i know, i know i can give you all a hint :wink: :mrgreen:

beings with a "D" hehehehe and it's a 4x4
Intelligence is like a four-wheel drive. It allows you to get stuck in more remote places.

Rattley old Hilux !!!!
V8 Cruisers Rule!!!!

Jerry
Yes Dear

Postby Jerry » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Datsun
70 series prado (KZJ78) and 90 Series Prado (KZJ95)

possum70
It was a Ford Hilux I think?

Postby possum70 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Jerry wrote:Datsun

you should have your mouth washed out jerry :lol: :lol:
Intelligence is like a four-wheel drive. It allows you to get stuck in more remote places.

Rattley old Hilux !!!!
V8 Cruisers Rule!!!!

Big
Hard Yaka

Postby Big » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Went and did some skids on the coast to make sure things are running well.. O for awesome :wink: Guess anyone :?:
and
and
and
and
Doing a video now but might take a bit :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: Will edit this later :mrgreen:
God we live in a great country 8)

kbjj
Sausage Shack

Postby kbjj » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:53 pm

1 Cascade
2 Cascade
3 Barn Bay
4 Barn Bay
5 Copper Creek
6 Copper Creek
If you break it... build it stronger.