may 18th-19th

Heath
Hard Yaka

Re: may 18th-19th

Postby Heath » Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm

yeti wrote:
00falcon wrote:Greased all my nipples

yep thats the jeep thing ...........how many ya got..... :mrgreen:

:lol: I was going to go there but thought maybe it was a jeep owner thing and not my place to comment. :mrgreen:

suzukisport
Hard Yaka

Postby suzukisport » Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm

suzookyman wrote:said goodbye to my truck :( , off to it's new home in Rotorua.

:(
You might have to paint the new one bright yellow :lol:

Comp rig: Suzuki Vitara, L67 Supercharged V6 Commie and auto, Prado chassis and diffs. Gigglepin 8274 twin motor rear mounted winch, air free spools, 35" Silverstones, ect

juz
Hard Yaka

Postby juz » Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Had a good day marshalling at the Waitati Rally, would have been nice if big yellow came out but was more exciting wet! :D ended up putting the truck in the drags. Now have a dead altrnator.... :oops:
Callum below making it look far too easy with rear steer.
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu316/juz_star/92318A05-C8ED-41D5-BFE1-AC9E0AD61B14-16882-000001DF5A431234.mp4
Softroader VW Amarok nowadays.... :roll:

meatc
Hard Yaka

Postby meatc » Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 pm

suzukisport wrote:
You might have to paint the new one bright yellow :lol:

Been to Taranaki I see :lol: :lol: :lol: Thought you said it was to far to go.
Toy - Zuk chassis tub, hilux 4.88 axles and transfer, Nissan CA18DE motor and auto trans, sc12 supercharger, 32 10'5 simex, twin motor 8274 custom freespool. Well the parts are all there in various corners of the shed

callum007
Hard Yaka

Postby callum007 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:35 pm

juz wrote:Now have a dead alternator....

Wanna fix mine too?
Dont follow me. i'll get stuck and need a tow..

juz
Hard Yaka

Postby juz » Sun May 19, 2013 8:44 pm

callum007 wrote:
juz wrote:Now have a dead alternator....

Wanna fix mine too?

:lol: nah think mines easier thankyou! God damn mud :lol: howd you go anyway?
Softroader VW Amarok nowadays.... :roll:

suzukisport
Hard Yaka

Postby suzukisport » Sun May 19, 2013 8:53 pm

meatc wrote:

Yeah been down there this weekend on a big road trip to collect it. Wasn't to far, only did just over 1100kms :lol:
Comp rig: Suzuki Vitara, L67 Supercharged V6 Commie and auto, Prado chassis and diffs. Gigglepin 8274 twin motor rear mounted winch, air free spools, 35" Silverstones, ect

meatc
Hard Yaka

Postby meatc » Sun May 19, 2013 9:15 pm

suzukisport wrote:
meatc wrote:

Yeah been down there this weekend on a big road trip to collect it. Wasn't to far, only did just over 1100kms :lol:

Roll up the RB30DETT :lol: :lol:
Toy - Zuk chassis tub, hilux 4.88 axles and transfer, Nissan CA18DE motor and auto trans, sc12 supercharger, 32 10'5 simex, twin motor 8274 custom freespool. Well the parts are all there in various corners of the shed

IcedJohnno
Trailer Trash

Postby IcedJohnno » Sun May 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Twodiffs wrote:Irishmans creek icedjohnno??
My mother in law and her partner go on that every year..they've got a very tidy model A.

Yep that's the one Twodiffs.
I've got a not so tidy Austin 7 that I've only rolled once, honest!

A weekend of lots of fords, mud tracks and pubs once we've finished for the day. Starts this year in Shaketown and as ever, is based around Fairlie. Originally - this is the 58th event - the rally headed up to Bill Hamilton's Irishman Creek Station. Everyone stayed in the woolshed and burnt themselves scoring stone-age rugby trys in the fireplace! Usually have to fit chains somewhere and often in snow, and or mud.
I've done it many many times as a kid in the back of a large high performance 1924 open top sportscar. -10 deg and cruising at 75 mph makes for COLD! 14 layers of clothing when in the back seats not uncommon...
Was going to take a 1930 grunty 600cc 2stroke bike, but the organisers said the fords will be too deep! Oh and way too much mud! Buggar!

Kinda off topic but the wee 7 almost goes where 4x4s go, so never mind.
Today's efforts
Fuel tank shifted back up to under back of bonnet rather than being in the tail for trials traction. Battery the same. Got somewhere for spare wheel and clothes now.
Body repaired around firewall, front mudguard, foot well, after damage from rolling years ago.
Replaced some missing spokes in one wheel. Truck loads of mud scrubbed off the tube. Can't think why!
Swapped front tyres over to something safer. Pre-war trials bike tyres that are perished don't enthuse me at speed...

Plenty more to do, like the fitting of new close ratio gears to a gearbox cos this ones bearings are shot. Sorting the steering and handling etc.
Still, thanks to some help from an Irish rally driving mate, we've made a start.

callum007
Hard Yaka

Postby callum007 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:33 pm

No idea of final result, they had locked the caravan by the time I'd packed up.
Maybe Glen, NJV6 might be able to shed some light on results. Finally a southern series.
Dont follow me. i'll get stuck and need a tow..

Filthy4x4
Hard Yaka

Postby Filthy4x4 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Spent the weekend up north continuing to create tracks for the 24hr teams challenge...

Was a good weekend for it, havnt had a whole lotta rain up there but just enough that you spend most of the time lock to lock 4 wheel drifting just on the access tracks :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Ended up with a bit of damage though, clipped a tree and took out my grill, indicator, and punched the guard in a bit... then on the last hill back to the house to go pack up I lunched my gearbox :roll: :roll: I thought Nissans were built tough :lol: :lol:
027 MUD GEAR - (027 683 4327)

Check our facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Filthy4x4

http://www.facebook.com/Filthymotorsportnz

sibainmud
Hard Yaka

Postby sibainmud » Mon May 20, 2013 8:40 am

Filthy4x4 wrote:Spent the weekend up north continuing to create tracks for the 24hr teams challenge...

Was a good weekend for it, havnt had a whole lotta rain up there but just enough that you spend most of the time lock to lock 4 wheel drifting just on the access tracks :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Ended up with a bit of damage though, clipped a tree and took out my grill, indicator, and punched the guard in a bit... then on the last hill back to the house to go pack up I lunched my gearbox :roll: :roll: I thought Nissans were built tough :lol: :lol:

I was there too. They are strong.....just not bulletproof. It was good fun hauling your arse out right at the end. Tracks coming along well. Nice to see the tracks made during the dry, needed several winches to get through now it's damp. Damage list is growing; left tail light, LF door took a few hits during the course of the weekend, and broke a winch rope.
Edit;
My passengers window stopped working too, wonder why :twisted:

Just have to remember to take spares up next time as I have left truck up there for a while.

Cheers,
Last edited by sibainmud on Mon May 20, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I keep looking for the loose nut behind the wheel, but I can't find it!!

Ralfie
Hard Yaka

Postby Ralfie » Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 pm

sibainmud wrote:
Filthy4x4 wrote:Spent the weekend up north continuing to create tracks for the 24hr teams challenge...

I was there too. They are strong.....just not bulletproof. It was good fun hauling your arse out right at the end. Tracks coming along well. Nice to see the tracks made during the dry, needed several winches to get through now it's damp. Damage list is growing; left tail light, LF door took a few hits during the course of the weekend, and broke a winch rope.
Just have to remember to take spares up next time as I have left truck up there for a while.

Cheers,

What are you running ...??
A 4wd competition or a demolition derby?

playingInTheDitch
Bush Crasher

Postby playingInTheDitch » Mon May 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Dirtydog wrote:Oil catch can for the bighorn should be turning up today, ready to go in all i have to do is tap a small outlet to the bottom, and plumb up a hose to go straight to dipstick.

I did that with my old truck. didnt work so well as there was quite a bit of pressure in the dipstick from blowby. most people who have done this recommend putting in a one way valve.

PLAYUP
Bush Crasher

Postby PLAYUP » Mon May 20, 2013 5:11 pm

kbushnz wrote:
PLAYUP wrote:Yesterday me and a friend took to my 1997 bighorn with the plasma cutter, sliced the back off just behind the front seats. went and bought sum 16x10 rims and fitted my 35x13.5 mudzillas (only for intrest sake as they are bald).

Photo's or it didn't happen !

http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... 18&t=35915

chur :)

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Mon May 20, 2013 6:35 pm

fit sliders simon :lol:
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Mon May 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Gee simon how the hell did you end up not breaking the window?

Lucky theres heaps of terrano doors around lol

PLAYUP
Bush Crasher

Postby PLAYUP » Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 pm

playingInTheDitch wrote:
Dirtydog wrote:Oil catch can for the bighorn should be turning up today, ready to go in all i have to do is tap a small outlet to the bottom, and plumb up a hose to go straight to dipstick.

I did that with my old truck. didnt work so well as there was quite a bit of pressure in the dipstick from blowby. most people who have done this recommend putting in a one way valve.

If the breather can is plumbed in between the inlet manifold and the air cleaner there shouldnt be any issue with blowby

Dirtydog
Hard Yaka

Postby Dirtydog » Tue May 21, 2013 1:51 pm

not going to plumb it into the dipstick now, the guage/emptying tube will drain into the dipstick when its emptyied quite easily now.

i am however going to try stuff some steelo's in there because it isnt doing a very good job at seperation the oil from the air like i was told it should.

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Tue May 21, 2013 4:59 pm

I used a airline water catcher oiler thing off bunnings works well
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

Return to “This weekends achievements”