7-8 March

olielux
Bush Crasher

7-8 March

Postby olielux » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:24 pm

The Weekends achievements seem to be getting a bit missed out and its always good to see what everyones been doing so ill start

Besides work being flatout and not getting a day off (joys of a agricultural contractor) I finally managed to finish my commodore gearbox to bighorn transfer adaptor. So now have a 4wd v6 commodore setup but nothing to put it into.

Cheers Oliver

Ashohman
Hard Yaka

Re: 7-8 March

Postby Ashohman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:37 pm

Fixed up my exhaust so its quieter now having a welder is really handy, re-attached my indicator which took a knock on Minginui trip and then popped out the door that got pushed in on Maratoto loop popped out perfect just like a bought one.

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Postby catalystracing » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:40 am

Recovered a mate from the river/lake play area. Took a bit as he has a 6.5 liter V8 Diesel Blazer 8) . Had to use the pulley block and give the winch a rest so it didnt over heat. The best parts I dont have to buy drinks this weekend. :lol: :mrgreen:

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:51 pm

Went for a play up Pretoria Road behind Shannon, plenty of mud after last nights torrential rain and thunder storm, some blokes turned up in a 2008ish tarmac spec pajero, spent an hour and a half winching them out of a gully after they thought they'd follow us down :shock:
No recovery gear and no recover points on it.fark people :roll: .
got four trucks stuck at the bottom of the loop track, one ended up smashing into two trees in one go so has a munted front left and right rear and two doors after sliding past the third tree, patrol got two broken windows and blew a seal on the PTO winch, took me half an hour to winch up me own truck out of the creek doing three resets, then spent the rest of the time bulldozing rotting trees and towing others, so not too many photo op's.

Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

tweake
Hard Yaka

Postby tweake » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:56 pm

got my speedo back from the shop, pop that back in along with the rest of the dash.
rearranged my lift pump and fuel regulator setup. went to grap some spare hoses to find all the ends where filled by mason bees :shock:
hope the wof man doesn't mind my dodgy cabled fuel lines :wink:

Ashohman
Hard Yaka

Postby Ashohman » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Moved some diffs by myself having a winch is quite handy really.
Attachments
P_20150308_113323.jpg

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:23 pm

a day driving around a farm land ,looking after a new guy in disco , teaching how to drive things a fun day
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Postby kbushnz » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Spent a few hours doing some wiring on the playdoh... Bit of a tidy up and get rid of the ECU wiring. Hooked up the trigger wires for the rear fan to the Auberins gauge..... and checked no smoke escaped... all is good.
Cheers Calvin
KZJ78 Landcruiser Prado...

drive it ...
Hard Yaka

Postby drive it ... » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Pulled the winch out. Tipped out the 1/2 cup of rusty water that was acting as a secret water cooling system. Cleaned up and back together - hey it freespools out now, cool. Then took the grinder to the panels under the grill so I can get the winch in and out without pulling the whole bar off. Might even keep it maintained now I can get at it.

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:06 pm

Refitted my radiator after giving it a soak and wash. Would love a rear mount....

Made up some heavy duty tierods, well reinforced the stock ones so they don't snap at the adjuster. Bit of a hassle to swap tierods at WOF time but that's the price you pay.

Went to Deadwood today. Awesome event. Ccvc did a good job.

Some awesome vehicles, wicked buggy on portals with front and rear ifs

sublimenz
Bush Crasher

Postby sublimenz » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Pulled the rest of the challenger apart and did some welding on the front xmember and started painting the underneath. Hopefully get that finished this week so can start the reassemble next weekend.

tirantious
Bush Crasher

Postby tirantious » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:29 pm

lost all power whilst driving home the other day, 5 minutes under the hood revealed the fuel filter was old and full off crap. think ill be having a chat to the mechanic about that one. then the starter motor went kaput whilst visiting a mate and for some reason push/tow starting it didn't work so towed to his local garage as i live 2 hours from him and had to get back to work. picked it up on friday with a brand new starter motor and started first pop.
l200 with not a straight panel on it

De-Ranged
Hard Yaka

Postby De-Ranged » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Built a diff cover

Return to “This weekends achievements”