Firestone the Strand Auckland

Fourbyfour
Hard Yaka

Firestone the Strand Auckland

Postby Fourbyfour » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:28 am

I wanted four new tyres for the surf and settle on the Bridgestone Desert Dueler 694, telephoned Firestone and they quoted $285 a tyre so booked it in and got the work done aweek later but then they now wanted $315 a tyre. Verbal quote means nothing to them. Thanks a lot Firestone I won't be back.

rangimotors
Hard Yaka

Re: Firestone the Strand Auckland

Postby rangimotors » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:20 pm

tell them to take them off and go elsewhere
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experiance!

Fourbyfour
Hard Yaka

Postby Fourbyfour » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:40 pm

I would have told them to take them off but unfortunately existing tyres were very slippery and taking the car away on holiday two days later mean't I had no choice but to accept it.
They might have squeezed and extra $120 out of me but it will be the last time. Even then they had the tyre pressures at 40psi and the Surf had no grip on the back end I progressively lowed tyre pressures until it felt right which is now at 32 psi.
I feel that the bridgestone D/D 694 is a goood tyre but so is the Dunlop A/T-3 or Yokohama A/T-S. If I had gone for those options I could have saved myself another $200

firestonecruiser
Hard Yaka

Postby firestonecruiser » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:03 pm

sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience with firestone. i myself work for firestone. it is firestones policy now that all phone or walk in inquirys are to be documented in a quote form that is supplied to them. the store keeps a copy and the customer gets one. these are valid for 30 days. again sorry to hear bout your mistreatment. here in ashburton a quote is a quote and we stick to our price. i think you will find the 694 will out perform the dunlop by a long shot.

cheers jono

Fourbyfour
Hard Yaka

Postby Fourbyfour » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:26 pm

I got the feeling that my particular problem was just an issue with the branch concerned and not connected to Firestone head office or for that matter their products. As soon as I made them aware of the discrepancy between what I was quoted over the phone and what they were charging me I was made to feel most unwelcome and staff just said thats the way it is.

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:33 pm

I'd be sending a letter of complaint to head office

mylux
Shockless

Postby mylux » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:07 pm

Fourbyfour wrote:I wanted four new tyres for the surf and settle on the Bridgestone Desert Dueler 694, telephoned Firestone and they quoted $285 a tyre so booked it in and got the work done aweek later but then they now wanted $315 a tyre. Verbal quote means nothing to them. Thanks a lot Firestone I won't be back.

Really :lol:
Outta the way sheep shagga !!!!

Sheepy
Hard Yaka

Postby Sheepy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:09 pm

If you want somewhere decent out east auckland I can recommend a couple of places. Independent tyre/work shops i deal with myself for work.

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Na mate he only wants to bitch on about f/s tyres.
He posted last week complaining about them again on his recently purchased set and the wheel nuts being a little to tight.
Imho i think he works there

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:58 am

Fourbyfour wrote:I wanted four new tyres for the surf and settle on the Bridgestone Desert Dueler 694, telephoned Firestone and they quoted $285 a tyre so booked it in and got the work done aweek later but then they now wanted $315 a tyre. Verbal quote means nothing to them. Thanks a lot Firestone I won't be back.

when you booked the truck in you did confirm they could still offer the $285 fitted and balanced price instead of just telling them to throw a set of tyres on... Right :?:

did the $1260 they charged you itemise additional sundries like fitting, balancing, alignment and tyre disposal?

*edit* shit who dredged up an old thread from 2010 this is well past its useby date :?

mylux
Shockless

Postby mylux » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:50 pm

derk wrote:

when you booked the truck in you did confirm they could still offer the $285 fitted and balanced price instead of just telling them to throw a set of tyres on... Right :?:

did the $1260 they charged you itemise additional sundries like fitting, balancing, alignment and tyre disposal?

*edit* shit who dredged up an old thread from 2010 this is well past its useby date :?

That would be me.
Only because this guy seems to constantly carp on about how bad there products are year after year but he still shops there supposedly :? :?
http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... =5&t=40323

mylux
Shockless

Postby mylux » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Fourbyfour
Hard Yaka

Postby Fourbyfour » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:13 pm

mylux wrote:
derk wrote:

That would be me.
Only because this guy seems to constantly carp on about how bad there products are year after year but he still shops there supposedly :? :?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40323

Well only reason I went back was I was promised a reasonable price and blindly believed that the Bridgestone name was as good as it was twenty years ago. Ethics come down to the particular franchise. When I received the phone quote I asked if the quote had been recorded on the booking and was told yes it was. What an amateurish operation and piss poor way of doing business. The quote I was given included wheel alignment tyre disposal and GST so was a total price. Being a little Naïve I did not ask that it was still the quoted price when I bought the vehicle in one week later but under Bridgestone Firestones own rules a quote written or otherwise is valid for 30 days. I naturally assumed a quote was a quote regardless. For a tyre place to do the wheel nuts up so tight with a rattle gun that you shear the head off a Sidchrome wheel brace getting the wheel nuts undone is inexcuseable. The risk of overstressing studs causing them to fracture is very real. Most places use a rattle gun to start the nuts but finish the wheels off by hand.
I went to Harris Rd (East Tamaki) Tyre Power for my current set of (Non B/F) set of tyres and was extremely happy with both the tyres and the level of Service.
Better still was that they charged me the quoted price.

Fourbyfour
Hard Yaka

Postby Fourbyfour » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:52 pm

mudlva wrote:Imho i think he works there

Ok Mudluva Lets put it like this, you have made the statement I am prepared to put up $2000 if you can back up your statement that I work there. Plenty of people on the forum know me outside of the Forum so lets see your money, put it where your mouth is

mylux
Shockless

Postby mylux » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:15 pm

[/quote]

For a tyre place to do the wheel nuts up so tight with a rattle gun that you shear the head off a Sidchrome wheel brace getting the wheel nuts undone is inexcuseable. [/quote]

Pictures of this would be helpfull.
I don't know why you constantly carp on about them.
JUST SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:16 pm

Fourbyfour wrote:

Ok Mudluva Lets put it like this, you have made the statement I am prepared to put up $2000 if you can back up your statement that I work there. Plenty of people on the forum know me outside of the Forum so lets see your money, put it where your mouth is

marswell make it a million cause i don't really give a tinkers toss. of all your posts 1/3 have been going on about Firestone and the great service they have given you :shock: . go figure :?

curly12
Hard Yaka

Postby curly12 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:38 am

Fourbyfour wrote:

You are a cock... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

Farken homeless..................................

Return to “Product Reviews / 4wd Service”