Nissan Safari vs Landcruiser 80

timmay556
Hard Yaka

Re: Nissan Safari vs Landcruiser 80

Postby timmay556 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:57 am

I've owned 94 patrol Shorty TD42 sandard height on 31's -was a real mint example. I found towing my Seaforce Fisherman 600 nothing short of painfull. I am by no stretch of the means a Hoon but I like to beable to drive up an incline with out having to thrash it.

I now own a 94 patrol lwb td42+T - safari turbo systems kit running .5 bar on 33 A/T's and 2" lift (no not helping on the airodynamic side of things.
My god I love this thing. Power to go up hills in 5th with just a push of the go pedal. Tows the boat perfectly fine, hills too(could do with upgrading the brake lines to braided)

I find that i use less gas in the turbo, lifted, big tires then I do with the shorty on smaller tires.

I wouldn't own a TD42 with out a turbo again. Again, I am no hoon but I cant stand having to flog a car in 3rd or 4th to get up a hill.

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:26 am

would take a GU pootrol over an old 80 series cruiser any day :D

evyauto
Bush Crasher

Postby evyauto » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:13 pm

had a llwb saf low roof. massive rust issue in the roof. look for that +t would be a great thing if you want to tow. now have an 80 find it a lot smoother on and off road but for a real hard thrashed truck i would go back to a saf. my old one got an absolute beating but always got me home

Return to “Product Reviews / 4wd Service”