winch.co.nz your service sux

skid
Tyre Man

winch.co.nz your service sux

Postby skid » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:07 am

As the title states. winch.co.nz your service is beyond comprehension

I work for a small company in Wellington that have been happy to use you in the past for various products but now you are just taking the piss and your customer relations have hit an all time low.

Your replies to customers queries are extremely slow and sometimes theres no replies at all. This is no way to run a business .

MCC Bar arrived with damage. After waiting days for a response we were informed the broken bit would be sent down but alas, as it seems to be the case thus far , no action has been taken on your part.

The next issue just astounds me to say the least.

A 600 amp solenoid was purchased and received in a package all by itself. We then had to look online for a wiring diagram. Solenoid installed and it didnt work. Contact was made and it was then that you decided to send us a wiring diagram instead of packaging it with item in the first place. It was the same diagram we had got from the net anyway. After throwing more money away at 2 different auto electricians we got in touch to say it didnt work. You requested we send it back at our expense. Then after 4 days we had to ring you to ask what was happening and only then did you decide to open the package you has recieved 2 days earlier.
Your response was that we had shorted a solenoid with an open loop that 2 different auto electricians said could not be shorted.
After a few emails in one afternoon in which you repeatedly seemed to be laying the blame with us, you eventually asked for a copy of the invoice to prove we had bought it off you because apparently its too hard for you to look back through your own records.

So its now been 10 days since we sent you the invoice copy and we have not seen any form of contact at all.

Your customer relations skills are severely lacking. A simple email to acknowledge the previous email would have been enough to make us happy but this doesnt seem to be a part of your business skills.

So in the future we will be buying our Runva items etc etc etc from another dealer and this also means we will not be trading with jetboy007 on trademe either.

Sadly you have bought this bad feedback on yourself by lacking in simple business communication skills.
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

basics
Hard Yaka

Re: winch.co.nz your service sux

Postby basics » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:59 am

:shock: i know where i wont be buying my next winch from
99 pajero exceed 3.2

suzookyman
Hard Yaka

Postby suzookyman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:22 pm

I just told a guy at work yesturday to get his winch off them as I had heard they did really good deals. I will let him know to go elsewhere now.
"It's a Suzuki thing - you wouldn't understand !"

marmel
Hard Yaka

Postby marmel » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:34 pm

I purchased a 24v winch from them a few months back. A 12v winch was sent by mistake but they arranged for it to be collected and sent a replacement and let me keep an extra cable and hook for my troubles.

So it took an extra week but they did get the issue sorted.

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:39 pm

most people manage to fawk up somewhere along the track, mikes had a pretty good reputation for quite a long time :D

Ashohman
Hard Yaka

Postby Ashohman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:21 pm

I got my winch from them no issues also got a winch mounting plate no issues with that either. Id recommend them from my experience

Mudde1
Hard Yaka

Postby Mudde1 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:08 pm

I have dealt with Mike 3 times. First two times it went well and I was happy. The last time was very problematic including taking 9 weeks to supply but was sorted with a refund after threats of publicity of my experience.
Last edited by Mudde1 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony.

tuff lux
Hard Yaka

Postby tuff lux » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:09 pm

i have got winches/winch motors/solenoids etc no hassles

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:46 pm

My last winch purchase through them was not a good experience sadly. They did eventually rectify it but only after I made a BIG deal about it with them.
I will use them again, perhaps.

Weeds
Hard Yaka

Postby Weeds » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Good info lads was going to buy 8000 pound winch from them this week won't be now like Lv martin said It's the putting rite the counts any one can make a f##k up its how you handle it that makes people come back or not in this case

Ant
Hard Yaka

Postby Ant » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Have used them in the past. Waited for all products for more that twice the expected time. Every time I made contact the answer was always the same "next week mate".

Had the wrong product sent and was offered no support and made no attempt to rectify.

Also had no instructions sent and again no attempt to rectify or help. Have not bought from them again.

Mike is a great help up to the point of sale but looses interest after that, and I have bought some large items (winches, drawer systems) not just small stuff.

I am not a fan of posting bad feedback about vendors as I understand everyone has bad days and makes mistakes but this is not just a once off.
92 LWB Safari TD42
95 4.5L Cruiser, AKA "Thirsty"

Im a Tumor
Bush Crasher

Postby Im a Tumor » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:10 pm

Sadly it looks like its quite a common problem.
Thanks for the heads up guys when i finally get a winch i wont be buying off them thats for sure!

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:20 pm

His prices are sharp due to Mike being a one man Co. Yes he may of dropped the ball on these occasions but generally he is good to deal with.
Imho i would not be writing him off just yet.
He has many happy people out there, including me
Cheers Rohan

Swamped
Hard Yaka

Postby Swamped » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:31 pm

All my dealings with him have been fast and professional. I also didn't get sent a wiring diagram but he just fired one through email and it was fine.

DaveM
Hard Yaka

Postby DaveM » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Im a Tumor wrote:Sadly it looks like its quite a common problem.
Thanks for the heads up guys when i finally get a winch i wont be buying off them thats for sure!

Depends on how you look at it. A handful of complaints from thousands of sales? Not too bad I thought.

on2it
Hard Yaka

Postby on2it » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Got a couple of items off Micheal over the last 12 months including a winch and mcc rear bar.
He was easily contactable. Products were slightly late arriving but can't beat pricing.
FJ62

tomsoffroad
Flopsie

Postby tomsoffroad » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:54 am

Ive sold probably 10 or so winches for mike. Have had one solenoid pack a sad which was replaced promptly and one motor die which was repaired, it died too :roll: and was replaced with a new motor promptly. All in all dealings with mike have been fast and efficient. It doesnt so much come down to product but support. Whatever you buy theres a chance you'll get a dud. Its about how fast the problem is sorted. I will continue to deal with mike as the need arises. :D

Green Machine
Driver/Navigator

Postby Green Machine » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Just purchased a suspension lift kit from winch.co.nz for suzuki.
Could have had abit more communication like confirming my payment etc but other than that went well. Parts arrived 1 week later than we were told but thats nothing when ordering parts.
Overall we are happy and would shop with him again.

Return to “Product Reviews / 4wd Service”