Vehicle Rego

Fourbyfour
Hard Yaka

Vehicle Rego

Postby Fourbyfour » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Just went in to my local AA to do rego, will definitely be the last time frequenting an AA establishment. 45 minutes before I got to the counter, will do it at NZ Post next time.
Perhaps some more competition is required, With only two counters available, they seemed to waste time with trying to coerce customers into membership and insurance. Perhaps already approved WOF workshops should be able to do things like rego and RUC'S.

diogenese
Hard Yaka

Re: Vehicle Rego

Postby diogenese » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Did they try to sell you a torch too? ;)

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Vtnz just do not go there at lunch time. Very bad.... Very very bad...

aroma
Hard Yaka

Postby aroma » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:41 pm

do it online quick and easy, it takes a few days for the rego to arrive in the post, cheaper as well by a couple of dollars

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:00 pm

aroma wrote:do it online quick and easy, it takes a few days for the rego to arrive in the post, cheaper as well by a couple of dollars

Gave up doing it online as we just about always end up having to drive in to town and pay and $5 for them to print one off as they don't seem to be too good at the posting out part.
Thought it might have just been us but talking to a few folks it seems we aren't alone

tgaguy1
Hard Yaka

Postby tgaguy1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:11 am

On a side note is everyone aware that acc levies are being reduced on our rego effective 1 July 2015? Effectively meaning only buy enough reg to get you through to 1 July and then buy more at the reduced rate.

As you were.....
Men do not quit playing because they get old.
They grow old because they quit playing.

Tonkatoy.
Hard Yaka

Postby Tonkatoy. » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:50 am

Suza wrote:
aroma wrote:do it online quick and easy, it takes a few days for the rego to arrive in the post, cheaper as well by a couple of dollars

Gave up doing it online as we just about always end up having to drive in to town and pay and $5 for them to print one off as they don't seem to be too good at the posting out part.
Thought it might have just been us but talking to a few folks it seems we aren't alone

I have never had a problem with postage and I'm rural - Also you can pay by credit card online. Gives me more time to buy Jeep parts :lol:
If there's no Blood it ain't Hurt
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport
OIIIIO

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:14 am

Tonkatoy. wrote:I have never had a problem with postage and I'm rural - Also you can pay by credit card online. Gives me more time to buy Jeep parts :lol:

Must be a Jeep thing, never experienced a problem with online regos. Even moving house, it worked. I get Airpoints on the credit card too. Win win.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

churchill
Hard Yaka

Postby churchill » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:07 am

Yeah online is the way to go, 5 minutes and you're done. I have had one rego go missing but I always get confirmation emailed to me so if I get pulled over I can show them the email on my phone.

nzlux
Hard Yaka

Postby nzlux » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:23 am

tgaguy1 wrote:On a side note is everyone aware that acc levies are being reduced on our rego effective 1 July 2015? Effectively meaning only buy enough reg to get you through to 1 July and then buy more at the reduced rate.

As you were.....

I did that this year as well, the rates dropped as my private hilux ute is no longer a commercial vehicle for acc purposes, now 12 monthly lines up with the GOVT year.

I also do rego and ruc online, never had any go missing, also live rural.

wranglerbabe
Bush Crasher

Postby wranglerbabe » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:50 pm

I have also never had a problem online. I've also done change of ownership etc online and always had the paper work show up within the week
Let's get a little mud on the tires - Brad Paisley

Fourbyfour
Hard Yaka

Postby Fourbyfour » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Looks like other people have had similar experiences, I might try it on line next time, but for people who can't go online and there are lots of them, it makes you think that if AA can't process rego's in a timely fashion (Shouldn't have to be in there more than ten to fifteen minutes) perhaps other venues should be explored. For me I don't go in there to buy house or car insurance or become a member.
Them processing application forms for this stuff just makes the wait longer.

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:02 pm

NZPost shop is an option as well.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

Return to “Product Reviews / 4wd Service”