i collected my new ride today

mercutio
Hard Yaka

i collected my new ride today

Postby mercutio » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:51 pm

i forgot my digicam and didn't get back till a bit late so no pics yet i'll take some tomorrow and post them

i'm taking it to the 4wd show in clevedon tomorrow going to check out a couple of things there mainly tyres maybe recovery hooks and winches

and yes it is the g wagen i have been talking about the guy took the range rover as a trade which was very nice of him and saved me selling it he is a bit of a tinkerer so i think he might get it all legal

the paint work is a bit tired but i'm not worried about that because i'm going to dent it sometime but my sisters boyfriend made the brilliant suggestion of painting it german camoflage

fearless
Bush Crasher

Postby fearless » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:12 pm

was that the goldy brown one i saw in the car park at the 4wd show?

has green decals along the side

SupraLux
Complete Bastard

Postby SupraLux » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:18 pm

Cool a new truck. :P

And something different too, looking forward to seeing how it performs for you and its offroad abilities... LOTS of photos... Love to see some undertruck shots too :lol:

Seriously tho, lots of pics... show us what Merc do in their non-military monsters

Steve

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Postby mercutio » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:23 pm

fearless wrote:was that the goldy brown one i saw in the car park at the 4wd show?

has green decals along the side

yeah i think it would have been it i wasn't there for long i was hoping to check out some prices for tyres and was quite dissappointed there wasn't much there

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:50 am

Congrats... the g wagens are great :D and tough as old nails....
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Postby mercutio » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:28 pm

so here are a couple of pics of my new toy that is if i have worked out how to do the add photo thing :D :D

Imagei knew that stump was handy for something

Imageyes i know it is cocking a wheel but the anti roll bar is still connected i have to disconnect it one day and try that again

fearless
Bush Crasher

Postby fearless » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:55 pm

so what are your plans for the new toy?

wats powering it?

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Postby mercutio » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:03 pm

t has a standard 3 litre mercedes diesel engine which are virtually indestructable i also have a turbo to bolt onto it in the near future it is a mercedes turbo i got a spare set of rims with it so i'm going to put some mud tyres on those i plan to put a winch on it somewhere not sure where yet i would like to put a central mounted winch but that may be a little optimistic

i'm not really looking at doing to many mods to it at this stage but you never know time will tell maybe a suspension and body lift but that would be long term

i have decided that it does need a paint job though and i do like the suggestion my sisters boyfriend made of painting it in german camoflage colours

lilpigzuk
Tiger Balm

Postby lilpigzuk » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:53 pm

Hope those skidmarks on the lawn arent yours trying to get up on the stump?? :lol: :lol:

I think once you get some decent rubber under the guards it should look the goods.

Do you know if they have a similar stud pattern to anything else??

Might want to look at doing something with those front springs as well ,by the looks of it the front axles looks parallel to the chassis which Im guessing that aint flexing much?? (just making observations :D )

Always good to see something differnet floating round

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Postby mercutio » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:09 pm

yes i did put those skid marks on the lawn while climbing the stump the grass was wet and my little A/Ts made it difficult

yes they have the same stud pattern as porsche rims apparently i have looked for them on trade me but all the rims listed there are racing alloys which are a little pointless

yes it the front axle isn't flexing much at the moment i'll disconnect the anti roll bar and see if that makes much difference the guy i bought this off had another one there that didn't have a anti roll bar fitted and it did wallow around corners

the guy i bought this off has a long wheelbase version running a 5 litre mercedes V8 with a body and suspension lift and he is running 33" BFGs under his it looks mean

this one is an auto but apparently they don't have torque converters they have fluid clutches so i actually have some engine braking still not as great as a manual but better than a normal auto i must admit though the fact i have an auto will be helpful when i have the turbo fitted as i don't need to worry about winding the turbo back up every time i change gear

Return to “New Members and Beginners”