New member - Jake, 80 series, Chch

cruiserjake
Winch master

New member - Jake, 80 series, Chch

Postby cruiserjake » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Hey all, im Jake. Moved to Christchurch a couple months ago and have a 1990 80 series land cruiser with a few bits n pieces done to it. Keen to meet some new people who do some 4x4 missions on w-ends etc as for some reason its not as fun on your own. I dont really have any mates down here into 4wding so looking for abit of local experience.
cheers

oljamesyboy
Hard Yaka

Re: New member - Jake, 80 series, Chch

Postby oljamesyboy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:32 pm

welcome

there quite a few trips planed through here so keep a eye open for up coming events if not your more than welcome to tag along with us at some stage.

have you tried any local tracks?

cheers

cruiserjake
Winch master

Postby cruiserjake » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Haven't tried any local tracks yet, have heard about waimak and rakaia gorge as being good spots to go but havnt really explored much of chch yet. Im wanting to go with someone else if possible. Am pretty new to the scene so wanting to get a winchbar and winch sorted asap so help me owta the shit if i get stuck. Ive got muddies, lifted springs, snorkel, intercooler, exhaust etc so am almost there. would definetly be keen to tag along one day.
cheers

DMNTD
Winch master

Postby DMNTD » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:21 am

cruiserjake wrote:Haven't tried any local tracks yet, have heard about waimak and rakaia gorge as being good spots to go but havnt really explored much of chch yet. Im wanting to go with someone else if possible. Am pretty new to the scene so wanting to get a winchbar and winch sorted asap so help me owta the shit if i get stuck. Ive got muddies, lifted springs, snorkel, intercooler, exhaust etc so am almost there. would definetly be keen to tag along one day.
cheers

Hey mate, we're new down here as well plus looking to go and find some spots too.
We're not set up with a snorkel etc YET but will get there.
Call out if you're keen to get out for an explore.

Return to “New Members and Beginners”