Insurance for 4wd ... Any suggestions??

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Re: Insurance for 4wd ... Any suggestions??

Postby catalystracing » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:08 pm

I have a base figure for my truck which is agreed, and Im allowed 3k of un mentioned accessories on top of that. Everything else is noted down with them like winch, locker etc.

QUADRACER
Hard Yaka

Postby QUADRACER » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm not to sure if there is an agreed value policy that is bullet proof, and in most cases
What the build replacement cost is always greater than the market value or sale price.

Not sure if any one has broken even yet :D

Most insurers make a better return insuring company or private cars.
I know that some of the larger insurers only do these scheme to keep there brokers happy.

You only need to look at the police stolen list to work out there are high risk.

Basically just shop around for the best policy for what you require, and ask for a written answer to your enquires.
retired 4wd to a ford ranger and UTV

Mr Revhead
Hard Yaka

Postby Mr Revhead » Sat May 30, 2015 9:24 am

catalystracing wrote:Im with AA. Their value was a little more than I paid so went with that and added all the extras as I went along. I have an agreement also that I pay more excess for when off road :mrgreen:
So just go with the basic price and then add value off all the goodies you put on, make sure they are listed by brand etc.

Yeah I know old thread...

But I went to the AA yesterday (currently with AMI but want to get away from IAG)
First thing they told me was no cover off road at all, non negotiable.
2nd thing they told me was because I've fitted an intercooler (Bighorn one) and a larger exhaust I've made too many performance upgrades. They then said the intercooler alone is enough to decline insurance!
Seems they think of anything like that in terms of little Johnny ticking up a WRX and hotting it up.
My explanation of how non EFI diesels work fell on deaf ears :roll:

churchill
Hard Yaka

Postby churchill » Sat May 30, 2015 9:38 am

Try John Barley insurance, they do a special offroad policy.

mine costs $880 per year for an agreed value of $20k and its insured offroad but the glass excess goes up to $750 when off road from memory.

4X4LUX
Driver/Navigator

Postby 4X4LUX » Sat May 30, 2015 12:04 pm

I'm with fmg. no off road cover but have insured my highly modified hilux and I'm only 18. have all mods listed to

nzlux
Hard Yaka

Postby nzlux » Sat May 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Also with FMG my policy covers me so long as the vehicle is being used what it was designed for, so my hilux is covered for both on an off road, just not competition.

Return to “New Members and Beginners”