Hey - Offroading Forester

offroadfoz
Stropper

Hey - Offroading Forester

Postby offroadfoz » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Hey all,

I've got a 2002 Forester, lifted a few cm on Kings springs and with Dueler 697 AT tyres. Use it mainly for hunting trips etc, haven't done any hardcore 4wding in it yet but I have done a few tracks, whole Dunstan Trail (too easy, just a gravel road really), powerlines track from Clyde-Bannockburn (including the off-road bits up the hill which were good fun ina Sub), Thompsons gorge, Leithen bush (greenvale stn) and a few more.

It's actually reasonably capable, I reckon having decent AT tyres makes the most difference compared with when I first got it. Only things that let it down are the lack of wheel travel due to independent suspension (which gives you early diagonal wheelspin), and the pretty crap low range.

Eventual plans (when I graduate and have some cash) are to fit a snorkel, muddies, decent low-range (from a Leone) and a locking rear diff (STi R180 with an ARB locker for a Nissan front diff). Maybe import some bullbars from Aus or fab some up, depends on engineers input.

I've been around 4wding, hunting etc my whole life, Dad had a Terrano for years and just lifted his 2007 Pathie, been a member of NZDA since forever. He started off in a Subie too, way back.

Few pics:

Pj_Marsh
Hard Yaka

Re: Hey - Offroading Forester

Postby Pj_Marsh » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:02 am

Hey dude welcome to the site. Nice pics

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: Hey - Offroading Forester

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:02 pm

10 pointer might put a dent or two in the roof though :mrgreen:
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Return to “New Members and Beginners”