new truck, what mods?

mattbradford

new truck, what mods?

Postby mattbradford » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:38 pm

hey all, just bought a 1992 nissan terrano with a td27 in it.
its completely stock and im not sure what mods work best for terrano's.
looking at getting certified recovery points sorted first.
cheers

BMC
Driver/Navigator

Re: new truck, what mods?

Postby BMC » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi there,

I have been looking at these myself.

You will find most people will suggest make sure you give it a good service first and ensure radiator is in good condition along with all rubber hoses are in good condition and not cracking.

I would then like you said make sure you have the recovery hooks in place and not rely on the factory hooks as they are not rated.

From here if want to beef up the tyres you can comfortably fit 31's or even 32's with a wee bit of trimming dependent on if your springs are sagging.

You can then consider a rear lift with Bighorn Springs from memory and wind up the front torsion bar.

Really good all round truck which won't let you down if you don't go over the top with tyre size and lifts as the steering parts and CVS can become comprised.

Loads of detail on forums as this is where I got this detail from.

Enjoy.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: new truck, what mods?

Postby Crash bandicoot » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:51 pm

mattbradford wrote:hey all, just bought a 1992 nissan terrano with a td27 in it.
its completely stock and im not sure what mods work best for terrano's.
looking at getting certified recovery points sorted first.
cheers

start with insurance with offroad recovery(even if it's only upto 1500 dollars ) so you dont become another(got stuck in a muruwai black sand creek facebook post)

followed by a full service of anything mechanical that moves.

and then a D21 2wd steering conversion, as the 4wd steering will be the first thing to go bendy bendy snap.

also aftermarket hooks are rated, but they tend to get bolted to the same places the factory hooks are, so the big F'off pigtail hooks are fine for now

build a winch tray or bar of some sort that links the top chassi/bumper mounts to the two bolts (where your pigtail hook is) on both chassi rails to trianglate and spread the load. then bolt the "rated" hooks to the steel winch tray (dont need to have a winch in it but might aswell make a start.

plenty of info here on ORE, and plenty of wd series chassi owners here too, good luck and have fun.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Return to “New Members and Beginners”