Hi I am a newbie from Wellington

ZombieWagonNZ
Stropper

Hi I am a newbie from Wellington

Postby ZombieWagonNZ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:24 pm

12366340_10207314024665513_2595053607458336248_n.jpg
Just after my new Monroe 4x4 Adventure shocks installed..

Hi All,
I am new to this group. My 4WD is a highly modified 98 Mitsubishi Delica Starwagon. I'd be keen to meeting some other 4WD peeps in the area for some weekend trips.

You can see my blog from here:

http://420van.blogspot.com

I am away on a 30 day trip to the South Island as of Friday so if anyone is going to be around Dunedin as of 26/12 and wants to do some 4WD tracks, let me know. Cheers,John

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Re: Hi I am a newbie from Wellington

Postby Smurf » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:33 pm

John, Welcome to the Forum. My family and a few others are heading to Central Otago from Boxing day for a week or so to explore a few tracks and get in a bit of fresh air. Happy to meet up if it suits and travel a few together.

ZombieWagonNZ
Stropper

Postby ZombieWagonNZ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:39 pm

Smurf wrote:John, Welcome to the Forum. My family and a few others are heading to Central Otago from Boxing day for a week or so to explore a few tracks and get in a bit of fresh air. Happy to meet up if it suits and travel a few together.

Thanks for that welcome! How far will you be from Dunedin on Boxing day? Just curious are there any 4WD tracks down in the Caitlins that you know of?

The tracks you're considering, how difficult are they in terms of rating? I am not worried about water (river crossings) as I have a snorkel and good clearance, but more worried about getting bogged down in 1m deep mud, and etc.
I'll check this post tomorrow as I leave on a ferry on Friday. cheers

PS. How do I add a profile pic for me showing van to my profile?

Smurf
Hard Yaka

Postby Smurf » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:44 pm

We are going as far as Naseby I think. So not quite far down as you are heading.
we are travelling through until the 3-4th of Jan.
We are only looking to travel easy to moderate tracks, more exploring than rougher 4wding.
We are looking at travelling the Dunstan range and Old Man range as well as others but just making it up as we go due to ids etc.
I am leaving from Nelson on the 24th to meet friends in CHCH for Xmas then we head away boxing day.

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Postby mercutio » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:31 am

you may be able to meet up with these guys

http://www.offroadexpress.kiwi/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44338
my 4wd is not a truck

old mercedes never die but sometimes they do need some love

older cars are good,mercedes are better,older mercedes are the best

ZombieWagonNZ
Stropper

Postby ZombieWagonNZ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:55 pm

mercutio wrote:you may be able to meet up with these guys

http://www.offroadexpress.kiwi/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44338

This sounds like fun, but out of my time range for holiday. Cheers for mentioning it!

ZombieWagonNZ
Stropper

Postby ZombieWagonNZ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Smurf wrote:We are going as far as Naseby I think. So not quite far down as you are heading.
We are only looking to travel easy to moderate tracks, more exploring than rougher 4wding.
We are looking at travelling the Dunstan range and Old Man range as well as others but just making it up as we go due to ids etc.
I am leaving from Nelson on the 24th to meet friends in CHCH for Xmas then we head away boxing day.

Yeah this sounds like a good trip. I will be in Dunedin on boxing day dropping off my partner at the airport. I could drive up to Naseby after to meet you all? What is it like a 2 hour drive from Dunedin to Naseby? I am trying to find out when her flight is..

BMC
Driver/Navigator

Postby BMC » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:11 pm

I have seen your vehicle around the South Coast - it's very tidy and you have done a superb job.

keithal
Hard Yaka

Postby keithal » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:26 pm

ZombieWagonNZ wrote:
Smurf wrote:We are going as far as Naseby I think. So not quite far down as you are heading.

Yeah this sounds like a good trip. I will be in Dunedin on boxing day dropping off my partner at the airport. I could drive up to Naseby after to meet you all? What is it like a 2 hour drive from Dunedin to Naseby? I am trying to find out when her flight is..

2 hrs at absolute most

Will see if my truck gets a wolf this week and may tag along on a day trip while I'm down there

ZombieWagonNZ
Stropper

Postby ZombieWagonNZ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:27 am

BMC wrote:I have seen your vehicle around the South Coast - it's very tidy and you have done a superb job.

Thanks mate. It's tidy yes, and the people who worked on it did an awesome job indeed.. (G Guy 4X4 and Cannible Joiners). If you need work done (4x4) call G Guy and ask for Craig. He's a good guy and will sort you out. Pls tell him I gave you a referral.. 8) :D

Return to “New Members and Beginners”