Newby with a 1996 LWB Pajero

savedkiwi1

Newby with a 1996 LWB Pajero

Postby savedkiwi1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:17 pm

Hey all

Really enjoying my truck but as I get more into going off road I am aware somethings need to change. By that I mean to my truck not change my truck. I want to lift it at least 3 or more inches. I am running 16" rims with 31" tyres. I am not super financial and are looking for some ideas. I know I can tweak the tortion bars to lift the front but what are some other ideas such as what springs to go for hat I might be able to get second hand ect ect ect.

Look forward to hearing some ideas

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Re: Newby with a 1996 LWB Pajero

Postby NJV6 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:31 pm

You will struggle for a 3 inch lift. To get a reliable 3 inch lift, you will need to make some of it a body lift. Someone will come here and say it's a piece o piss but really, 2 inch suspension lift is all you will need and that will allow you to fit 33 inch tyres easily. To go higher you loose front down travel leading to poor handling and poor ride off road.

If it was mine, and to do it for least money, I'd get 33 inch tyres and then get them to fit with some rear lift springs and adjust front torsion bars to suit.
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Re: Newby with a 1996 LWB Pajero

Postby mudlva » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Its sn old truck. Cut the gaurds. Std paj fronts ends are bullet proof at std height.
Going 3" will alter cog and also require lvv cert.
Gaurd chops dont as long as there are no sharp edges etc

Return to “New Members and Beginners”