1994 Nissan Homy GL 4WD TD27

gregp
Driver/Navigator

1994 Nissan Homy GL 4WD TD27

Postby gregp » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:16 am

Hi guys,

my caps button will sometimes pass out so I might be writing in small caps - hope no grammar fetishists take offense.

I bought a 1994 Nissan Homy GL 4WD with TD27 diesel engine last week. It hasn't exactly gotten much love by the previous owner(s) and has to creamed and cuddled a lot at the moment. the van luckily came with an owner's manual but unfortunately (of course) this is in japanese due to the car's history (jap import) - i have been roaming the interwebs for info on the Homy and the TD27 engine for most of my free time by now and am really unsatisfied with what i came up by now (incomplete TD27 manuals, russian Homy/Urvan/Caravan manual, ill-fitting Terrano II manuals and so on) and sadly not even the local Nissan dealer can give me any information ("Well mate, it's an imported car - how should we have any info on that?").

I know it is not exactly a 4WD but as it shares some similarities with Terranos and Navaras and has the much loved TD27 I was hoping to find some help here. I am firstly looking for the most common things: oil type and capacity, cooling system capacity, steering fluid type (the old manuals mention auto trans fluid???), and so on...just be able to ride around after a basic service.

All help i can get is very much appreciated. The car is still in a nice conditione once you get the dust of the centuries out of the nooks and crannies (something that me and the misses did for a big part of the last week) but I have to be able to do at least some mechanical service. Goal is a camper conversion so will keep you updated.

As you can see my caps went out for the bigger part of the text. Thanks and hope to see you in my first "HELP!" thread :wink:

Wacked
Driver/Navigator

Re: 1994 Nissan Homy GL 4WD TD27

Postby Wacked » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:02 am

GregP -

Know your pain..... I'm in the US with a Navara and its the same thing.

I've been able to bump into a couple of parts guys and a Toyota forklift guy who are pretty keen and will help me dig for parts. When they leave me stranded, it's Ebay time. Ordered the factory Nissan TD manual (1st revision and covers a couple of models). Where you aware of this manual or is the manual you thought was incomplete?

Family had this same van as a kid in the early 80's. It was yellow, 2WD, petrol, and a solid rig that got beat on all the time. The 4wd off-road camper should be a sweet project for that machine.

Wacked

Return to “New Members and Beginners”