Mace town track vs std 90 series prado

Mazuki
Driver/Navigator

Mace town track vs std 90 series prado

Postby Mazuki » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi all

Not sure where to post this but this seems like to best place. My boss is considering taking his very standard 90 series Prado on the macetown track so I said I'd investigate for him as he knows I'm into 4wding.
Just wanted people's opinions on the capability of a standard prado on this particular track as I have never been on it. I have suggested to him at a minimum he would require rated tow hooks , snatch straps and another vehical to join in. I have also watched a few YouTube clips and it looks like there is plenty of river crossings so a snorkel may be required as well.

Let me know what you think

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Re: Mace town track vs std 90 series prado

Postby NJV6 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:51 am

He won't need rated hooks or another vehicle. It's a track suitable for a standard factory vehicle. Just go when the river is running clear and low which is most of the time. Enter the water crossing slowly and there will be no trouble.
Other option is to wait at the start for another vehicle to come and just follow them, nomad safaris 4WD tours come along pretty often.
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

L-andy
Hard Yaka

Postby L-andy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:58 pm

I have done it in wifes stock standard 90 series prado, no problem at all. The track crosses the river about 17 times in 22km from memory but all easy crossings when river level is normal and a bit of sense. At some crossings the best (shallowest and least rocky) route is not straight accross but this is easy to see when river is running clear as previous poster recomends.

Andy

mudde1taketwo
Driver/Navigator

Postby mudde1taketwo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:12 pm

A few years ago i did it in a std single range sabaru.

Mazuki
Driver/Navigator

Postby Mazuki » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Thanks for the input. from the vids it looks like a pretty easy track.
Think I'll throw some tow hooks on it any way just incase as they are cheap and easy addition.
Cheers

stealth
Hard Yaka

Postby stealth » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:40 am

Been thru there twice with the most recent time between Xmas and NY, Easy going in my stock surf, although the soft shingle got me stuck (open diffs all round) we took 2 vehicles so no real bother, an easy trip.

Return to “New Members and Beginners”