Power with 'On' in Safari Rear?

MihiT
Hard Yaka

Power with 'On' in Safari Rear?

Postby MihiT » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:01 am

As title, I am going to fit a lift pump with my new injectors and looking for a relay trigger as close to the fuel tank as I can find. Preferably a wire that is hot only in 'On' not 'ACC' key positions.
I've had a bit of a poke with the multimeter but if anyone knows off the top of their head that wauld save me some pain.

Otherwise I will have to run a trigger spliced in from the barrel AND a hot wire all the way front to back :cry:
- 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
- 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
1989 LWB 5-Seat parts hack. TD42

muddy
Hard Yaka

Re: Power with 'On' in Safari Rear?

Postby muddy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Maybe on the "4WD" sensor switch on the transfer case?
Or Reverse lamp switch?
Or speedo output on the gearbox?
Or rear sway bar disconnect if you have it? Loom may be there even if not fitted..
Of course any of the above may produce unintended results if they operate as an earth sensor to turn the dash indicator lights on...

MihiT
Hard Yaka

Re: Power with 'On' in Safari Rear?

Postby MihiT » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:04 am

muddy wrote:Maybe on the "4WD" sensor switch on the transfer case?
Or Reverse lamp switch?
Or speedo output on the gearbox?
Or rear sway bar disconnect if you have it? Loom may be there even if not fitted..
Of course any of the above may produce unintended results if they operate as an earth sensor to turn the dash indicator lights on...

I don't think any of those are always hot, and not much use having the pump only run when I'm in reverse or on the brakes!
Sway bar disconnect could have worked as a trigger, but there's no mention of it in the haynes and without knowing what colour the wires are it would probably have been a good while finding it!.
In hindsight I could have used the rear heater (left in when they did the utechop but now obiously useless) wiring and relays.
But, what I've done is put the relay in with the factories, trigger spliced into the IGN ON (White wire with Black trace) and I'll just have to run the full current wiring as far as I have to.
- 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
- 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
1989 LWB 5-Seat parts hack. TD42

Return to “Tool Shed”