Car Alarm removal

aroma
Hard Yaka

Car Alarm removal

Postby aroma » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:43 pm

my ZJ has a car alarm installed( PLC Brand )I don't have the remote and want to remove it.
I think I have found all the "brains " of the thing can I remove the fuse's with the key in the 'ON' position and then remove all the bits
or is it a battery out job ?? :?
tried to remove the plugs from the unit and the siren started but didn't have the key in the Ign

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Warren

MihiT
Hard Yaka

Re: Car Alarm removal

Postby MihiT » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:21 am

Aftermarket programmable remotes should be available at most locksmiths, if you have any interest in keeping it.
Depending how well it was wired will depend how much of a pain it is to remove completely. If the truck is running it doesn't sound like it has any immobiliser bits (OR they're spliced into the keybarrel) removing the alarm without un-imobilising makes it a no-go!
Your siren will have a battery backup (incase some thief cuts the red wire of pulls the fuse) it's usually a case of 4 screws to remove the cover and out with the battery.
That is as much as I'd bother if you just want it gone, rather than tearing the car apart to pull all the wiring out.
If you really hate the wires, you can expect: interior light(door open) circuit, ign on, always on, central locking triggers, bonnet tamper pins, starter circuit, siren, led, glass break/knock sensor.
If immobilising, you can add: usually ecu, fuel solenoid/pump, starter relay, and igniter circuit (if petrol.)
So I'd say pull the fuse and battery and be done with it!
- 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
- 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
1989 LWB 5-Seat parts hack. TD42

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:42 pm

If you just want it gone it would pay to find a wiring diagram as there will be things like ignition kill fuel kill central locking sonic sensor(glass break) and if its a high end alarm it will have a gyro sensor so it can tell if its been jacked up.

So just make sure it will affect none of that stuff if applicable... Need to trace the sensors and kill's and find out where they go.

Not familiar with your particular case obviously but just pulling the brains will cause all sorts of head aches if the factory loom is not put back to factory. Along as the system is in the disarmed mode you will first want to pull the horn relay then the back up siren then go to work on the ignition reverting the loom back to factory followed by fuel and door relay if applicable.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

aroma
Hard Yaka

Postby aroma » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Cheers Guys
took the bull by the horns and have started removing it have followed each wire from the brains, it looks like a bloody rough install, a few wires have had the insulation removed and the extra wires just stuck between them and held in place by electrical tape !! I have just pulled them out. the siren sitting on my work bench :mrgreen:
now the Battery is flat :( but tries to wind over will try to start tomorrow night. fingers crossed

Return to “Tool Shed”