Hilux SAS cert

jade_l
Bush Crasher

Hilux SAS cert

Postby jade_l » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi guys I'm looking at buying a ln107 with a sas conversion. Looks to be done pretty well with extended shock towers and long shocks.
Problem is it has no cert. Would this be a straight forward job my understanding is it can be done by a component welder not necessarily a ticketed welder so I shouldn't need to know who done the conversion In the first place

Cheers

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Re: Hilux SAS cert

Postby ChurchurDan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:20 pm

The easiest option for you is to get the current owner to cert it on the agreement you will purchase it once the cert is done.
2nd option is to get it inspected by a certifier to find out what needs to be done to get cert before you agree on a price.

jade_l
Bush Crasher

Postby jade_l » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:49 am

Option 1 out of the question unfortunately. And I'm not sure a certifier would be keen on inspecting it for nothing if I didn't go ahead with it.
Also what's involved with putting a turbo on a 2.8 would it still go alright if I just removed it all or would there be a bit more to it?

Clint
Hard Yaka

Postby Clint » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:00 am

You are right that a welding ticket is not a requirement to do work on a vehicle to be certed.

I would take a bunch of pics of the mods, write up a description of everything then find a certifier who will at least look at that & give an opinion.

Cheers
Clint
UZJ71 Landcruiser
Jeep J20 - 1UZ-FE powered (part owner)
KTM 640

If it breaks, build it stronger.
If it doesn't break, drive it harder.

Return to “Tool Shed”