Is this farked?

Taz
Hard Yaka

Is this farked?

Postby Taz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:57 am

Never had to deal with this problem before :lol:

ImageImage

What does the ORE brain trust reckon? Chuck a new gear or starter at it and see what happens, or new flywheel required as well?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." - Oscar Wilde
Work in progress - www.pearls.kiwi

catalystracing
Hard Yaka

Re: Is this farked?

Postby catalystracing » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:01 am

It's never going to get better, replace it all so you can be sure it will go when needed. Dont need that playing when its getting dark and your in the bush 2 hours to get out :shock: :lol:

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:38 pm

what caused it is the question.

The solenoid not throwing the gear out far enough on the shaft of the starter to engage the ring gear properly?
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

Taz
Hard Yaka

Postby Taz » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:what caused it is the question.

The solenoid not throwing the gear out far enough on the shaft of the starter to engage the ring gear properly?

It was grinding after starting. I should have looked at it sooner as now it won't engage at all. You can't get off the key quick enough because it's an old piece of petrol shit it doesn't always take X amount of seconds to start so you can't time it perfectly. It's a wee F10A motor.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." - Oscar Wilde

UBZ
Hard Yaka

Postby UBZ » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Not the worst Suzuki fly wheel I have seen
You should be able to flip the gear on the starter over and the cleanup the flywheel a little and it will go for ages . Worst case you can heat up , remove and flip the ring on the flywheel .
Clean out the starter real good and make sure the through out mechcanisim is clean and smooth .
The F10a anit a POS engine either ,4cyl motor cycle tech that will happily sit on 9k all day
LR110 ..... LJ50 project :roll:
Chris.

Taz
Hard Yaka

Postby Taz » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:55 am

UBZ wrote:Not the worst Suzuki fly wheel I have seen
You should be able to flip the gear on the starter over and the cleanup the flywheel a little and it will go for ages . Worst case you can heat up , remove and flip the ring on the flywheel .
Clean out the starter real good and make sure the through out mechcanisim is clean and smooth .
The F10a anit a POS engine either ,4cyl motor cycle tech that will happily sit on 9k all day

Cheers for the advice mate. Worth a punt =)

Taz
Hard Yaka

Postby Taz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Can't flip the starter gear :-( Unless I'm missing something. Might be able to cut it back and space it forwards again but the gear is machined with a shaft on the other side.

Will try source a gear or replacement starter before flipping the flywheel. Don't have the gear to do that myself.

Any recommendations for wreckers UBZ?

Return to “Tool Shed”