Rock Sliders.... How to mount them?

Crawlerer79
Hard Yaka

Rock Sliders.... How to mount them?

Postby Crawlerer79 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Hey guys, looking at getting some rock sliders fabbed up for Lando, just wondering what ways can I mount them and still get cert? I'm looking at either getting plates welded to the chassis rails and the sliders bolt on to the plates, or just the sliders directly welded onto the chassis rails. Can they be certed either way and what do you guys recommend? Obviously the bolt on ones can be removed if damaged, however I'd hope to have them built strong enough to never budge in the first place... Just looking for thoughts and comments, the trucks booked in for a couple weeks time to have them made up! Cheers guys :D
'The Big Truck' - 2001 TD5 Disco II
'Lando' - 1994 V8 Disco
'The Caramel Trophy Truck" - 1990 Disco Ex-Camel Trophy (?)

keithal
Hard Yaka

Re: Rock Sliders.... How to mount them?

Postby keithal » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Mine are bolted with sandwich plates either side of the chassis
The way I see it I'd rather the slider get damaged/ bent than potentially bending the chassis if I come down to hard on the sliders

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Re: Rock Sliders.... How to mount them?

Postby coxsy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:08 pm

depending on the gap between chassis and body U bracket s out of 100 x6 plate two bolts through the top of them bolts ,just above the chassis ,weld stubs an gusset on it ,
they connect to the slider,
swb two mounts a side ,lwb three ,
this way only a six mil plate on underside of chassis nothing to be hooked up on or drag through mud
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

Return to “Tool Shed”