Driving lights

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Driving lights

Postby NJV6 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:40 pm

What have you got and what would you recommend? Were they worth it for value for money?

Cheers
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

guppy
Bush Crasher

Postby guppy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:47 am

i have a couple of narva's cost about $120-$150ish from repco.they are 150mm pencil beams and crank out some light! i use them 2-3 times a week,sometimes for hours and have had no problems as of yet.broad beams would cover a bigger area but i was after distance.i started out looking at the more costly brands,but how much $ do you throw at lights?

deiselsurf
Winch master

Postby deiselsurf » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:53 pm

I was going to put a pair of Hella Comets on the Surf to brighten things up but was under the impression driving lights were outlawed on the road, I had to remove them from my car a few years ago which was crazy as i was in the country most of the time.
have you had any problems at wof time?

NJV6
Hard Yaka

Postby NJV6 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:08 pm

Your allowed Driving lights, just so long as no more than 4 forward facing lights, is how I read the law. So some vehicles can have driving lights and some can't.. :?
SWB V6 Paj with one or two mods ;)

wopass
Hard Yaka

spot lights

Postby wopass » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:02 am

if your talking about "driving lights" that work on dip,, then as NJV6 says,, no more than 4 operational,all to pass the dip light beam set,, if its "spot lights" as in high beam lights then same rule applies but they have to only work on high beam,again,, all to pass the high beam set,, manual switching is not permissable for high beam lights ( spottys )
i have a set of narvas on my lux,, same as guppy exept i have the 180mm pencil beams,, i put the Xenon bulbs in at 75watts and get more light than a hallogen 120watt and less power draw than 55 watt bulbs,, they are about half the cost or less than hella and do the same job, not as gucci looking but hell,, is it a 4x4 or a ferrari, run a seperate relay for suppling power and youll get great possum stoppers at long rang so you have more time to line them up for "TERMINATION".......

:twisted: "COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE" :twisted:
If you already know everything, DON'T ask bloody questions!!

deiselsurf
Winch master

driving lights

Postby deiselsurf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:21 pm

Great
Now I can poke some light out the front, as I already have the lights( bought when I was in the trade so real cheap!) but had to remove them to pass a wof several years ago

Thanks for the help.

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:50 pm

I,ve got a set of Hella fog lights if any one wants them, they are brand new, swapped them for some shocks i had sitting around.
They have the covers so they look cool, and have 75watt bulbs.
The same as i have on the front of my Safari, except with yellow lenses, and the center reflector type piece still in side.
I cut that out of mine to make them work like spot lights.
Cost from shop new $230
Rectangular Narva ones to go on my roof rack $100.
So i would GIVE them to you for $100 :wink:

Return to “Tool Shed”