80 Series Automatic transmission breather install - is there an easy way?

stealth
Hard Yaka

80 Series Automatic transmission breather install - is there an easy way?

Postby stealth » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Gidday Guys,

I'm assuming someone on here has done this before, imlooking for advise if is there an easy way to extend the factory breather (if there is one) and can I tee the transfer box and transmission breathers together or should I run two lines?

Thanks In advance

wjw
Hard Yaka

Re: 80 Series Automatic transmission breather install - is there an easy way?

Postby wjw » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:05 am

stealth wrote:Gidday Guys,

I'm assuming someone on here has done this before, imlooking for advise if is there an easy way to extend the factory breather (if there is one) and can I tee the transfer box and transmission breathers together or should I run two lines?

Thanks In advance

The transfer case breather hose goes to a T piece on top of the auto, the auto also connects into this tee piece, there is then a single breather hose that goes up into the engine bay, just by the auto dipstick. Best to check the condition of these hoses as they perish over time, you can feel all of them by sliding your hand along the top of the transfer case, moving forward.

I replaced mine all the way back with new clear fuel hose, mainly so I can see if the Diff ones get blocked.
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

stealth
Hard Yaka

Postby stealth » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:28 am

Thanks wjw!!

wjw
Hard Yaka

Postby wjw » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:08 am

made a typo

wjw wrote:
stealth wrote:Gidday Guys,

Thanks In advance

The transfer case breather hose goes to a T piece on top of the auto, the transfer case also connects into this tee piece, there is then a single breather hose that goes up into the engine bay, just by the auto dipstick. Best to check the condition of these hoses as they perish over time, you can feel all of them by sliding your hand along the top of the transfer case, moving forward.

I replaced mine all the way back with new clear fuel hose, mainly so I can see if the Diff ones get blocked.
-----------------------
Who knew Prados could fly?

Return to “Diesel Engines and Modifications”