Hard Yaka

Re: INCREASING TURBO BOOST TD27

Postby wax » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Did you block off the saftey overboost valve in the intake manifold

jaza
Driver/Navigator

Postby jaza » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:44 pm

no i didnt thought it could take 14psi with it still on? if not any one know what size bung to buy?

jaza
Driver/Navigator

Postby jaza » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:15 pm

hey guys i took off the mushroom shaped valve on the intake manifold and used a brass bung ,the next problem is i have an adjustable boost controller on the wastegate line im fully open on the needle and only boosts at 10 psi when i disconnect the waste gate vacum line and bung it i get more boost 15 psi max what have most people done here? in regards to wastegate?

sibainmud
Hard Yaka

Postby sibainmud » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Leave it disconnected :twisted:
Got sick of mucking around with those leak off boost controllers :roll:

Cheers,
I keep looking for the loose nut behind the wheel, but I can't find it!!

DEATH_INC
Hard Yaka

Postby DEATH_INC » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 am

My boost controller is made from a Hilborn injection pressure valve. You can get different rate springs for different pressures and it's consistent....

DEATH_INC
Hard Yaka

Postby DEATH_INC » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 am

sibainmud wrote:Leave it disconnected :twisted:

I did that once...the turbo lasted about a month before the exhaust impeller disintegrated....

hamboy
Hard Yaka

Postby hamboy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:39 pm

jaza wrote:hey guys i took off the mushroom shaped valve on the intake manifold and used a brass bung ,the next problem is i have an adjustable boost controller on the wastegate line im fully open on the needle and only boosts at 10 psi when i disconnect the waste gate vacum line and bung it i get more boost 15 psi max what have most people done here? in regards to wastegate?

I had the same problem with mine (im picking its one of those blue or purple boost "taps"?) I ended up plumbing mine up the oposite way and it worked quite well albeit a bit sensitive

Tribune
Driver/Navigator

Postby Tribune » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:09 am

Anyone know a simple way to remove the anti-tamper sleeve on the fuel injector pump max speed adjusting screw? I can barely get my fingers down there, let alone a pair of pliers. Wish I'd done that when the intake manifold was off!

travis2ninja
Hard Yaka

Postby travis2ninja » Sun May 12, 2013 8:02 pm

So what would be the most amount of boost to run without increasing fuel?

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun May 12, 2013 10:50 pm

travis2ninja wrote:So what would be the most amount of boost to run without increasing fuel?

you won't get boost without fuel. It is all relative. you could wind the boost up as high as you like but since diesels don't have spark plugs they need the correct ratio of air and fuel to make horse power. Up the boost, you need to up the fuel to see any results as well.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Postby DieselBoy » Sun May 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:
travis2ninja wrote:So what would be the most amount of boost to run without increasing fuel?

you won't get boost without fuel. It is all relative. you could wind the boost up as high as you like but since diesels don't have spark plugs they need the correct ratio of air and fuel to make horse power. Up the boost, you need to up the fuel to see any results as well.

Yup, that's it, all because of the lack of spark plugs :roll: :roll:

FYI:
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

Safrion

Postby Safrion » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Sorry for waking a dead thread, but is there anyone who can make a quickie guide to increasing Turbo boost and the diesel boost with pictures? Im relatively new to this, so I dont know where exactly I should start. I understand the guide provided in this thread, it would just be super if someone could post pictures with markings. :)

travis2ninja
Hard Yaka

Postby travis2ninja » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:58 pm

sibainmud wrote:Ok, Guys. I have had the chance to do a road trip with Intercooler and Boost Controller.
Here's some stat's.
Going up the Bombay Hills on the South side, heading north. For those of you that don't know it's not the steepest but is long (saw 2 cars over-heating half way up) and open road speed limit.
Right, I was towing my tailer loaded with mud tyres and tools (350kg's). Slowed before I got there, 2200rpm 8psi boost. Put my foot flat to the floor, and went to 18psi boost. EGT (Pyro temp) never got over 500 DegC. 3/4 of the way up lifted foot cause speeding at that stage :oops:
Engine temp went up a bit (radiator blocked with mud from weekends antics :twisted: :oops: ) to just over half.
I pulled away from everything going up same hill (3 lanes wide).
Pulls like a schoolboy :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Old thread,
My 92 Terrano.
Blocked off EGR, new Turbo, scarles supreme radiator, intercooler, intake / exhaust manifold spotless.
Custom 3" Intake, new 2.5" exhaust, Blocked over boost valve off.
Increased the fuel on injector pump. Smoked tones, back of a little. Doesnt smoke much.
Increased Boost from 10, 12, 14, now at 18psi, always get to 600 DegC + and doesnt feel any faster?
Can boost 22psi+ goes off gauge, but still no better?
Also fuel is shit, 350km a tank?

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:38 pm

just for shit's n giggle's unbolt the exhaust from the dump pipe and then go for a drive. that's where most of the restriction is when you wind the boost up, Only time mine has more then the dump pipe on is WOF time, other wise the exhaust sits in the back yard rusting.

travis2ninja
Hard Yaka

Postby travis2ninja » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:06 pm

That's actually the only thing left for me to get done.
Ive still got the standard dump pipe on. I need to find someone to make me one up.

travis2ninja
Hard Yaka

Postby travis2ninja » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:just for shit's n giggle's unbolt the exhaust from the dump pipe and then go for a drive. that's where most of the restriction is when you wind the boost up, Only time mine has more then the dump pipe on is WOF time, other wise the exhaust sits in the back yard rusting.

Unbolted the Exhaust from dump pipe, No difference. :roll:
Except for the fact it sounds like a tractor with a huge turbo whistle :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Any black smoke.... if not the diaphram atop the injector pump will need looking at. Mine has a little black smoke till it hits about 7 psi, then clears as it cranks up to 18 psi and the mud starts flying. Got some vids around here somewhere. Look in "this weekends achievements"

travis2ninja
Hard Yaka

Postby travis2ninja » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:Any black smoke.... if not the diaphram atop the injector pump will need looking at. Mine has a little black smoke till it hits about 7 psi, then clears as it cranks up to 18 psi and the mud starts flying. Got some vids around here somewhere. Look in "this weekends achievements"

Little black smoke to start off with, but does clear when at full boost.

Terrano165

Postby Terrano165 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:11 pm

I have a 1995 Nissan terrano r3mr with a td27eti motor. It runs 12 pounds of boost standard hope that helps.

Terrano165

Postby Terrano165 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:

I had my truck running at 18 psi without winding the fuel pump up?

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:19 pm

Terrano165 wrote:
Crash bandicoot wrote:

I had my truck running at 18 psi without winding the fuel pump up?

then some one had already played with it before you owned it.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Terrano165 wrote:I have a 1995 Nissan terrano r3mr with a td27eti motor. It runs 12 pounds of boost standard hope that helps.

yep, and that's about all they will run before the ECU goes screw you and goes into limp mode.

When references to are made to turbo charged TD27's they are talking either ...

A: TD27+T a TD27 that was originally naturally aspirated that has been turbo charged with a mechanical pump
B: TD27T A Factory Turbo charged TD27 with mechanical pump
C TD27ETI A computer controlled fuel injection by way of fly by wire and magnetic needle valve fuel control.
D TD27-TI which could/would denote it "was" a ECU controlled pump which was removed and fitted with a mechanical pump or MOD spec late model TD27T with the mechanical pump to avoid closed circuitry components in a war time environment.

nissandatsun
Driver/Navigator

Postby nissandatsun » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:57 pm

kbjj wrote:To gain horsepower, increasing boost (eg. more air) is only part of it. Once you have increased boost, as cheap insurance on motor, install an EGT guage (google "moonlight racing" and check out 60mm guages), then you can tweak fuel up. The more fuel, the more horspower and the higher the exhaust gas temperature, so there is a balance. I try to keep temp. below 850 degrees C, but do push 900 now and then. Others may know better about max recomended temps. If your going to do this, maybe fit guage while everything standard, and see what temps it runs. I bet when you increase boost only, your EGT will drop, maybe only slightly. Check out racing trucks, Big Macs etc, Black smoke (eg. fuel = horsepower) I'd like to know there EGT. I'm running 15psi boost and removed that "over pressure' valve and bunged hole. Its worth it, have fun.

Hi where abouts is this over pressure valve located? cheers
if its not broken your not trying hard enough

kiwipete
Hard Yaka

Postby kiwipete » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:25 pm

At the end of the exhaust manifold cover nearest the firewall.

See here in this picture where the big brass bung is.
Ok people, move along. Nothing to see here. Thank you, move along.
Ph 0212078472

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:27 pm

try intake manifold pete. lol

fh2014
Hard Yaka

Postby fh2014 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Standard 1 inch plumbing fitting from your local hardware store screws on and plugs it, bit of liquid gasket on it

kiwipete
Hard Yaka

Postby kiwipete » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:34 pm

Crash bandicoot wrote:try intake manifold pete. lol

Duh! Silly me :oops:
Ok people, move along. Nothing to see here. Thank you, move along.
Ph 0212078472

Return to “Diesel Engines and Modifications”