04 ford courier 2.5 diesel turbo white smoke

ratbagjamie
Winch master

04 ford courier 2.5 diesel turbo white smoke

Postby ratbagjamie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:41 pm

i have a 2.5 diesel turbo courier it has just started running rough on start up but comes right after a bit lately its been ballowing white smoke heaps of it with a bit of blue but then soon goes away maybe turbo? if any one could help?

hamboy
Hard Yaka

Re: 04 ford courier 2.5 diesel turbo white smoke

Postby hamboy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Glow plugs are probly geting tired. The glow plug timers sometime crap out on these as well but check the plug out first.

ratbagjamie
Winch master

Postby ratbagjamie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:55 pm

would that cause white smoke?

mayhem1982
Hard Yaka

Postby mayhem1982 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 pm

sounds like what mine did when the diesel pump was on the way out

ratbagjamie
Winch master

Postby ratbagjamie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:23 pm

and did the injector pump just shit its self completly?

mayhem1982
Hard Yaka

Postby mayhem1982 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 pm

na it would be hard to start, blow heaps of white/blue smoke until it was warmed up, then it would run fine.
eventually it just got too hard to start and leaked like a siv

SamLogan
Hard Yaka

Postby SamLogan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 am

White smoke is either unburnt diesel or water/coolant. I would check your glowplugs and see what they look like. I have the same problem with my 1kz. Recently rebuilt but still won't start when its cold. Give it a glow and it will fire right up. My glowplugs are currently disconnected as the ecu timer shat itself. I need to find time to hook them back up. Unlike vehicles like landcruisers etc which are direct injection, it looks like your and mine are indirect which means you need glowplugs to get them going straight away.

Sam

Firemaster

Postby Firemaster » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:03 am

I have just installed new glowplugs yesterday morning and it started good. This morning when I went to start it again it did not start. Now my glowplugs are shot to shit again. Could that be that the glow timer is the problem?

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Postby ChurchurDan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:02 am

These couriers keep the glow plugs turned on until the engine is up to about 60 degrees, and this makes them very hard on glow plugs. The only plugs that last are the genuine ceramic ones. Bosch also do a specific plug for them but the best I have gotten out of them is about 1 year.
Check to make sure the engine is getting up to temp and maybe replace the coolant temp sensor for the timer.

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Postby ChurchurDan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:04 am

SamLogan wrote:White smoke is either unburnt diesel or water/coolant. I would check your glowplugs and see what they look like. I have the same problem with my 1kz. Recently rebuilt but still won't start when its cold. Give it a glow and it will fire right up. My glowplugs are currently disconnected as the ecu timer shat itself. I need to find time to hook them back up. Unlike vehicles like landcruisers etc which are direct injection, it looks like your and mine are indirect which means you need glowplugs to get them going straight away.

Sam

No glow timer output is one of the symptoms of leaking caps in the ecu. May be time to get it out for a look.

bountyhunter

Postby bountyhunter » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:28 pm

ChurchurDan wrote:These couriers keep the glow plugs turned on until the engine is up to about 60 degrees, and this makes them very hard on glow plugs. The only plugs that last are the genuine ceramic ones. Bosch also do a specific plug for them but the best I have gotten out of them is about 1 year.
Check to make sure the engine is getting up to temp and maybe replace the coolant temp sensor for the timer.

Do you know the part number for the Bosch Glow Plugs (Mazda Bounty 2004) and the best place to get them? Cheers

Return to “Diesel Engines and Modifications”