looking at getting a cert

89surf
Hard Yaka

looking at getting a cert

Postby 89surf » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:42 pm

hi

just looking into getting a cert on my saf have just put a turbo/body lift and 35s on it what sought of stuff are they going to be looking at do ya need drive shaft hoops etc and anyone no of a rough price

cheers josh

flatsix
Driver/Navigator

Re: looking at getting a cert

Postby flatsix » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:37 pm

My supra went from a non turbo 2jz to a 1jz vvti turbo and needed drive shaft hoops, there is a figure for power increase when hoops become a requirement I think

The best place to start is here https://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents.html good to just read through the various sections, it not too bad to work your way through.

My cert intial fee was $550?, and covered engine, abs delete, (race interior MSNZ authority card) and a bit of other stuff that I can't remember without looking at the sheet.

Not as many certifiers around as there once was from what I can see.

kbushnz
Hard Yaka

Postby kbushnz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:53 am

Save yourself some grief and find a cert and talk them thru your mods. Only they will know what they want to see and how its to be done. There is lots of knowledge on here from the guys and gals but the word from the horses mouth (cert) will be the only ones you will want to hear. Here is a link to the certs in NZ.
https://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/supl ... ebsite.pdf
Cheers Calvin
KZJ78 Landcruiser Prado...

89surf
Hard Yaka

Postby 89surf » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:30 pm

cheers for that who would be best to go to don hoff or ian smith in chch

flatsix
Driver/Navigator

Postby flatsix » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:52 am

They work side by side out of the same building, they are both good and professional, I think Don gets a bit of flak from the boys racers, but I would guess its because they are trying to pull something. I have had 3 veh through there and find them helpful and work with you to get it right, it does take time for paperwork to do its rounds etc so allow some time. I believe Don is retiring next year, not sure when, so Ian will be the only one left in chch I think. Ians back at work on the 3rd, hopefully doing the recheck on my car, so you can ring him and see what he says

Return to “Diesel Engines and Modifications”