Vh41de no go

tafftunk
Hard Yaka

Vh41de no go

Postby tafftunk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello hopefully someone on here can help this is driving me nuts with this vh41 the engine with the spider type manifold. I can't seem to get power at the injectors I've traced the wires from the back of the ecu to the plug up behind the intake manifold and done a continuity test and it's swt then from that plug to each injector is swt I put a led bulb on the injectors and there's no power no light flash at all it cranks over swt good fuel pressure and fuel in the lines. The relays all work swt and do there thing with clicking on and such Ive got spark am I missing something? Do u have to give a power source of any kind to tell the ecu the trans is in park to fool it as I'm running it separate to the box if so I'm a dumb arse and where wud I b putting power to.

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: Vh41de no go

Postby Crash bandicoot » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:34 pm

nissan injectors run a common positive the negative is to the ecu. check that the common has power when the ignition is in the on position.
if not it isnt a major to run your own power feed via the switched ignition '
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

tafftunk
Hard Yaka

Postby tafftunk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Thanks heaps bud I will try that this weekend wife won't let me in the shed during the week hahaha thanks again

tafftunk
Hard Yaka

Postby tafftunk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:44 am

Cheers crash it's a goer now just gotta tidy all the wiring up then concentrate on getting the trans to shift then I'm away thanks bud

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:16 pm

no problem mate, have fun with it. 8)

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Postby Crash bandicoot » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Just for future reference for any one doing a engine conversion with a nissan petrol EFI engine the injectors run a seperate power feed to the rest of the engine due to the fact the it is part of the circut for nissan's security system called NATS (nissan anti thieft system).

the power supply for the injectors is sourced from the NATS system where it is fitted (not all nissans have the NATS system installed)

if NATS is not installed it is part of the same dash plug where the engine loom meets the dash assembly but has a seperate feed from the main fuse box and the rest of the engine and ecu power feeds still.

this is also handy to know that now if you install an immobiliser you know what wire to use to kill the engine.

generally it is a 12 gauge plain grey wire or similar on the engine loom side.

Checkerhead
Hard Yaka

Postby Checkerhead » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:00 pm

^^^^ good info Crash. Thanks.
Supercharged VH45 Surf safari winch truck in the making
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33527&hilit=checker%2A

Return to “Petrol Engines and Modifications”