Aftermarket EFI

mercutio
Hard Yaka

Aftermarket EFI

Postby mercutio » Sun May 08, 2016 5:02 pm

I am thinking about EFI if i ever get my G wagen on the road again the plan in the short term is to fit a merc M103 3 litre 6 cylinder engine with the standard Bosch CSI injection system and convert to EFI at a later date initially i was thinking about using a megasquirt system but i have noticed the price of some of the basic aftermarket EFI systems have come down alot what have you guys used and pluses and minuses of each
my 4wd is not a truck

old mercedes never die but sometimes they do need some love

older cars are good,mercedes are better,older mercedes are the best

bombaybasher
Bush Crasher

Re: Aftermarket EFI

Postby bombaybasher » Thu May 12, 2016 10:08 am

I'm running a link g4 storm ,on a turboed vh45, Nz made,really easy to muck with , excellent support, I have rung the support number listed a few times and the dude always answers and always has the answers

No cons with this ecu at all

I also run an Autronic smc
Bout 10 years old and never missed a beat,bit tricky to muck round with and no live tuning but it's water and dust resistant and very robust, I run this on a turboed FJ20 in a drag car

Cons are it's really old and dated so not so user friendly and the nz agent is really expensive, good support forum though (MRM)

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Thu May 12, 2016 10:53 am

be prepared to throw $1k-$2k+ at it, about 1 million gigabytes of google research, a few hundred hours trying to iron all the bugs out and maybe a bit of professional dyno time and by the end of it you'll know a whole heap more about efi than you do now :D

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Fri May 13, 2016 7:40 pm

try Affordable fuel injection.com ,
sons running one from them in his FJ40 ,they do it from a lot of motors
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

Return to “Petrol Engines and Modifications”