Feroza F300 engine temp sender

Kylra

Feroza F300 engine temp sender

Postby Kylra » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi all.

New here, so HELLO.

I have bought a 1993 Feroza II SXP 5 speed manual.

The temp guage does not move and I believe that it is the temperature sender that is at fault (the guy I bought it from told me....dont know if he is full of it though).

Anyway... I bought a replacement sender (about $15 AUD)...but where the hell is it on the engine block... its so tight I can't see and the workshop manual is not very helpfull on this front.

Cheers.
Kylra.
WA...Oz

sibainmud
Hard Yaka

Re: Feroza F300 engine temp sender

Postby sibainmud » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi There,
Normally the temp sender is found near the thermostat housing as this is the hottest part of the cooling system.

Welcome and Cheers.
I keep looking for the loose nut behind the wheel, but I can't find it!!

Kylra

Re: Feroza F300 engine temp sender

Postby Kylra » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks for the help thus far.

I was hoping for a little more information if possible, maybe a photo or diagram? (big ask I know).

I have both the workshop manual and the electrical diagrams, but neither show the level of information that I require.

I have downloaded another workshop manual that covers more than the original one I downloaded...but it is a password protected zip file...(any help).

The car recently had a clutch kit put through it and the reverse lights don't work as well...so I am assuming that the mechanic neglected to put both the plugs back on for that sensor and the sender (if they are in similar locations)....the area around the back of the engine.

Cheers.

Return to “Daihatsu”