Daihatsu feroza/rocky

stealth
Hard Yaka

Daihatsu feroza/rocky

Postby stealth » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:49 pm

My mate has offered me a swap for my legacy for a rocky.

Is there anyknown rust spots or things i should look at?

Its a pretty tidy example (tbh my mate just uses it to get his groceries lol) and im just itching to get a 4wd and get out and into it...

It has a 1600cc petrol motor which should make it pretty cheap on petrol. Any pro's/cons. That i should be aware of.

Thanks in advance

wgtnnewbie
Hard Yaka

Re: Daihatsu feroza/rocky

Postby wgtnnewbie » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 am

Best bet is get in contact with 2roky from on here as he's built one of those into a beasty wee thing, plus if memory serves me correctly he's from dunners as well. So he should know all the good and bad points about them

cheers steve
truckless and shall remain so till she who wears the pants says otherwise.................lol

stealth
Hard Yaka

Postby stealth » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:11 am

thanks Steve,

2roky
Hard Yaka

Postby 2roky » Thu May 10, 2012 12:59 am

hey hows things,
these wee beasts shouldnt rust as the body is galv'd steel from what ive been led to believe,
you can comfortably run 31's by getting the rear springs rest with a larger arched leaf and cranking the front torsion bars up to match.

they do well having a larger exhust system put on them, keeps them cooler and lessens the chance of cracking the head.

the only thing i could fault was the front diff being a little weak, but in saying that i drove it alot harder than most other people would so it was my fault that i was breaking them.

other than that they seem pretty hard to kill, id jump at the chance to get one

ive just bought my 3rd F300 wishing i never sold the last one

pruggerdore
Hard Yaka

Postby pruggerdore » Thu May 10, 2012 7:37 am

galvanised!!! I doubt it and have had two very rotten ruggers, still got the rust free one tho. no experience with petrol ones. neat little machines for the money

2roky
Hard Yaka

Postby 2roky » Thu May 10, 2012 12:49 pm

im pretty sure it was only the f300 f310 models that were galv'd or at least treated in some way.

the rugger was not, the rugger (f70) i built up every where i cut it and forgot to protect rusted, the feroza/rocky (f300) i wrote off is only showing very slight signs of surface rust on some of the areas where the body was badly twisted and bent and the paint flaked off, its taken 4 years of sitting outside for this to start.
the rugger i had would take 4 weeks to show up or less

Return to “Daihatsu”