Rugger airfilter

Browny
Winch master

Rugger airfilter

Postby Browny » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Hey has anyone with a rugger run their truck without the little rubber fin thing on their airfilter?
What is its purpose exactly - is it supposedly creating some sort of 'cyclonic' flow of air? As far as I can see it merely seems to block half of the filter surface area.

Im looking at investing in a washable filter something like a K&N or unifilter if anyone has used either and can offer any pros/cons. Ive used K&N on numerous petrol vehicles in the past with pleasing results but not on a diesel if its any different?

Cheers heaps, hope Christmas was good for y'all happy new years

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Re: Rugger airfilter

Postby zukmeista » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:33 am

I think the plastic thing is supposed to swirl the air around so the large contaminants are forced into the trap in the end cap on the housing. I took it off as the half of the filter that was covered by it was still clean as so not using the whole surface area with it on. I looked into getting a K&N for mine but apparently there are none left in the country and the importer isn't interested in bringing more in. If you find something similar let me know I would be keen to get one.

Browny
Winch master

Postby Browny » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:57 am

sweet yeh will do. did your run no worries without it on? and what end of the filter was it on for yours, mines on the engine side - furthest from the end cap?

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Yep no problems with it off, and yes opposite end to the end cap as this is where the inlet is.

Marco Polo
Hard Yaka

Postby Marco Polo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:27 pm

For K&N filter, search eBay UK. Look for Daihatsu Foutrak. Heaps on there last time I looked.
How hard can it be?

Browny
Winch master

Postby Browny » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:35 pm

cheers for the tip marco. geez they have a lot of stuff for them over there.

hey zuk ive sent an email to a UK supplier for K&N who has some in stock and asked for a price. if its a good price I could grab an extra one for you if your keen?

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:59 am

Yep would definately be interested.

Return to “Daihatsu”