Rugger Gearbox/Transfer case

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Rugger Gearbox/Transfer case

Postby zukmeista » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am

Don't get your hopes up :lol: Changing my transfer over to the older mechanical lever style transfer so will have my newer style push button vacumn transfer sitting round doing nothing if anyone was after one, will have all the solenoids etc as I won't need them with the new one. Also changing diff ratios from 3.363:1 to 4.777:1 which will be a 40% reduction with 33's. This will put me at about 3400rpm at 100k's which is a smidge too much, but if I swap to a turbo model gearbox it will be more like 3200rpm which is ok so if any one has a good turbo model gearbox and would like lower gearing I would be keen to swap my gearbox which is in excellent condition.

JRDO
Winch master

Re: Rugger Gearbox/Transfer case

Postby JRDO » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:56 pm

I found a gearbox and transfer case for my truck, bonus was the manual transfer case. Was an exchange so my old turbo model gearbox with the vacuum operated transfercase will be going to Toyota spares in Avondale if you (or anyone) is interested in getting one to rebuild as a spare.

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Fri May 02, 2014 9:14 am

What was wrong with your old box and how much do you want for it? Cheers.

JRDO
Winch master

Postby JRDO » Sun May 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Not sure exactly, I suspect it was the mainshaft nut coming loose and eventually a bearing falling apart. For the last two years it would only gear down into second if I pushed it towards first, also changing up into second crunched. It's demise happened recently where in second I could feel it cruching and you couldn't go into any other gears. The gear box I brought was on exchange meaning that I need to return it to the parts company to get my bond back ($250+gst) once it's with them I can let you know if you want to make them on offer, I think 250+gst would be way too high!

Return to “Daihatsu”