2.8dt box and transfer wanted in chch

bigtim1

2.8dt box and transfer wanted in chch

Postby bigtim1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:30 am

Blown the box on my rugger f76 and transfer case was popping out of 4wd so looking to replace them both. Don't mind paying freight if reasonable

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Re: 2.8dt box and transfer wanted in chch

Postby zukmeista » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:08 am

Vacuum shift transfer or stick shift? I have a spare one if need be, no gearbox though. What is wrong with your old gearbox, if it isn't shifting properly it could be a loose nut on end of mainshaft, common problem.

bigtim1

Postby bigtim1 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:24 am

The box was selecting gears fine then while doing 70kph it made a bang and lost drive .after playing with all shifters it had some drive at low speed but wanted to lock up on decel. Has now lost all drive. Was hard to select 3rd to rev with engine running bit fine with it off.didn't grind into 2nd like others I have driven.
With hubs locked and RR wheel jacked and hubs locked and in first spins driveshaft and can not turn wheel when centre diff is locked hence why I am looking at a gearbox issue I think .
My transfer is VAC type but I have made a shifter to pull the shaft and select 4wd as was trying to resolve it jumping out of 4wd at high revs. I assume transfer is worn hence why I want to replace it

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:54 am

Ok can help with transfer case will come with all solenoids vacuum lines stick etc $250 if you're keen send me a PM can send down on Mainfreight for you.

Return to “Daihatsu”