has anyone body lifted a Feroza???

khano

has anyone body lifted a Feroza???

Postby khano » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Has anyone put a body lift into a Feroza, and if so can you give me any info about whether it worked well or not?

Looking at putting a body lift into my Feroza to accomodate for some slightly larger tyres.

Cheers

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Re: has anyone body lifted a Feroza???

Postby zukmeista » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:16 pm

I fitted a body lift to my rugger which is basically a larger diesel feroza. Was fairly easy to fit, I used this kit:http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/accessories/auction-896048022.htm Comes with full instructions which make it pretty straight forward. Not sure what you mean when you asked if it worked well, it fitted as it should and gave a bit of extra room for tyres. Bear in mind it requires certification to be 100% legal although some WOF places don't fail you for it.

khano

Postby khano » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:23 pm

zukmeista wrote:I fitted a body lift to my rugger which is basically a larger diesel feroza. Was fairly easy to fit, I used this kit:http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/accessories/auction-896048022.htm Comes with full instructions which make it pretty straight forward. Not sure what you mean when you asked if it worked well, it fitted as it should and gave a bit of extra room for tyres. Bear in mind it requires certification to be 100% legal although some WOF places don't fail you for it.

sweet sounds good, did you have to make any extra modifications to levers, fans, steering column etc to make it fit??

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:01 pm

I had to bend transfer lever slightly to stop it hitting tunnel. I didn't have any problems with fan as I had electric one fitted to radiator, you will need to remove or trim the fan shroud but it is only plastic so not hard. If you undo the clamping bolts on the steering column shaft in engine bay there is enough slip in the splines to account for the lift. You will also have trouble with the fuel filler hose, I managed to squeeze mine back on but not hard to extend with some exhaust tube and hose clamps.

Return to “Daihatsu”