fuckheads at redrocks

Lchundy
Hard Yaka

Re: fuckheads at redrocks

Postby Lchundy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Get the same thing at murawai beach just out of auckland
Only way you going to have a chance of stopping it is big metal gates and no public access.
So it's lose lose for us 4wders that stick to the rules :(

Lchundy
Hard Yaka

Postby Lchundy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:31 pm

Oh yeah last time I was around red rocks about 4 years ago I seen some #### heads poaching pua

mumbls
Hard Yaka

Postby mumbls » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:43 pm

I've flicked DoC an email, the police came out and had a look but the wrecks are still sitting there. A mate took a written off carolla to Macaulay's and got $13 for it so not surprised there council DoC aren't rushing round to pick them up.

Couldn't see any vin tags either. More wrecks out red rocks...
drinking hatorgade

Chrispy88
Winch master

Postby Chrispy88 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:34 pm

The blue Mu has been there for ages now and police know about it and the RAV4 well that's a long story but it's not stolen and was burnt out by some young local kids who's parents own a Bach around redrocks a mate of mine spend hours including Xmas day around there saving the RAV4 he went back Boxing Day real early and was on its side burnt out

mumbls
Hard Yaka

Postby mumbls » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Chrispy88 wrote:The blue Mu has been there for ages now and police know about it and the RAV4 well that's a long story but it's not stolen and was burnt out by some young local kids who's parents own a Bach around redrocks a mate of mine spend hours including Xmas day around there saving the RAV4 he went back Boxing Day real early and was on its side burnt out

Great update Chrispy! Maybe your 'mate' has some details for the owner? Its a really strange place to see a rav4, looks and smells like an insurance job!
Its pretty poor effort to leave a vehicle in that state! Going, not going, rolled, crashed, burnt what ever, there is a responsibility to take back waht you have taken in!
It's semi public land and not a good look for 4wd's wellington wide, Maybe he can get in touch with his insurance company to get it removed or the chase the council / pay someone to remove it etc etc?
drinking hatorgade

Colinl
Hard Yaka

Postby Colinl » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Pulled out another one on long beach sat who got "tired" of waiting in the cue for a slow vehicle, saw another one drive down along the water side..... anyways the bach owners didn't help him so i had a shitty job of winching him 40m back up to the track.

Beer_Cruiser
Hard Yaka

Postby Beer_Cruiser » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:28 pm

Don't give the batch owners a hard time they pull more stuck wagons off the beaches than you think. Sometimes at stupid o'clock ( though it's often other Bach owners).
Most times stuck trucks don't have a rope or any clue ( or beer or money).
Ropes get broken so do Owners trucks then they piss off saying will drop beer back....
Sometimes not even a thanks
So now we watch if the truck looks like it's going in the sea we act fast or they got kids
Sorry rant over as you were

Colinl
Hard Yaka

Postby Colinl » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:30 pm

No, nothing against the batch owners they are probably the people doing the good deep & also keeping the track in an acceptable state for everyone's access which I do notice esp around karori stream where the tyre wall is. Just looked stupid with 4 vehicles + 8-10 pers watching man, wife & kid flailing in the sand with water lapping at the wheels.
On a similar note I heard after this there's a "disclaimer" located at the entrance of some sort that takes liability off the recover-ee & places it onto the recover-er. I do believe in Karma & good things do come around but defined liability & potentially the person I'm helping potentially holding me liable for damage with me not having a leg to stand on, no thanks.
We all get stuck at one point & need a pull out but that's mental, we are not a business or do it for a profession.

Likewise Beer_cruiser I agree with what you say.
In general, alot of people underestimate tracks, overestimate their skills & gear & come with no sense of appreciation or what consequences are . They then get a get out of jail free card when ones that come prepared, are realistic about their gear + skills and come with a willingness to help fellows.

Return to “4wd Safety”