Goodride SL366 MT Tyres???

mudbugga
Hard Yaka

Goodride SL366 MT Tyres???

Postby mudbugga » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Anyone used the Goodride MT's before?
I can get some real cheap and was wondering what they were like.

Last edited by mudbugga on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nizute
Hard Yaka

Re: Goodride MT Tyres???

Postby nizute » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:04 pm

I am running the a/t version of those unbalanced on my ute without any shake and have got 6months of 100km a day use and still got 6mm tread.
I have a full set of the m/t's but haven't got a spare set of rims to put them on yet, looking at them i would say they will be soft so wouldn't use them on the road to much.

foreign
Driver/Navigator

Postby foreign » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:11 pm

can you get them in 35s??

nizute
Hard Yaka

Postby nizute » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Not yet! They are hoping to get more sizes.

jean mi
Driver/Navigator

Postby jean mi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:47 am

i have a set on my XJ they are a bit softer (side wall ) to my MTZ but over all no complaint . they do the job ,i have done 2000 km ....

onebadman
Bush Crasher

Postby onebadman » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:15 am

had them on my old proceed grip well and grip well on road to was surprised and good price will be getting these or dynapro rt03s for my navara

Old school
Driver/Navigator

Postby Old school » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:33 am

nizute wrote:I am running the a/t version of those unbalanced on my ute without any shake and have got 6months of 100km a day use and still got 6mm tread.
I have a full set of the m/t's but haven't got a spare set of rims to put them on yet, looking at them i would say they will be soft so wouldn't use them on the road to much.

What model A/Ts are you running?
My biggest fear is if I die my wife will sell my toys for what I told her they cost!

nizute
Hard Yaka

Postby nizute » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Old school wrote:
nizute wrote:I am running the a/t version of those unbalanced on my ute without any shake and have got 6months of 100km a day use and still got 6mm tread.

What model A/Ts are you running?

Goodride SL369

mudbugga
Hard Yaka

Postby mudbugga » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Finally got round to putting some of these MT's on my Nissan.
Will be interesting seeing how they perform on-road as well as off.

mudbugga
Hard Yaka

Re: Goodride SL366 MT Tyres???

Postby mudbugga » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:18 pm

Well after giving them a run around on the tarmac/off road course here in CHCH, I found out they really needed balancing.
The old machine at work has a spaz with large wheels so I didn't bother to balance them when I fitted the tyres to the rims.
(Rims are 15x7 steels and the tyre size is 31x10.50R15)
Had to call in a favour from a supplier through work to do them for me. Made a huge difference. Needed between 70 - 130gms per wheel, so not too bad for MT's.

Noise on the road isn't bad. Certainly no worse than the 90% worn AT's that were on before anyway.
Intially had 40psi in them but the ride quality was harsh so I dropped them down to 35, and just that little bit made a noticable difference.

Road handling, so far in the dry, is good. I haven't noticed a difference in cornering ability, yet, but then I haven't been pushing them that hard.

I thing that I did notice straight away, was the speedo reads correctly now. Before with 30x9.50 tyres it was out by 7-8kph faster at 100kph. Now bang on, according to my Navman GPS anyway.

Next test is in a few days on a hunting mission. Looks like the weather is going to turn bad so they might get a work out. Can't wait :twisted:

GNTONC
Bush Crasher

Postby GNTONC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:57 pm

thanks for the info

cheers,
steve

onebadman
Bush Crasher

Postby onebadman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Can you source them quiet cheap mudbugga

mudbugga
Hard Yaka

Postby mudbugga » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:34 pm

onebadman wrote:Can you source them quiet cheap mudbugga

Only cheap for myself sorry. I can't supply to others.
The deal I got was staff price only through work.

onebadman
Bush Crasher

Postby onebadman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:31 pm

All good

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Postby ChurchurDan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:54 pm

They are cheap as chips on trademe.

mudbugga
Hard Yaka

Postby mudbugga » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:21 pm

After a weekend hunting on a high country station, the tyres worked well.
Had no issues what so ever. Even when the weather turned decidedly crap and the clay tracks turned slippery, they felt good.

Only drama was when a Falcon pulled out of a driveway without looking and we had to take assertive action which meant going through a very large puddle covering the entire opposite lane at open road speed. Got a bit twitchy but anything would've in that situation. The splash/wave completely covered the Falcon in shitty cow crap water. Real bugger the driver had his window right down and copped it eh. :lol:

Still really need to get them really muddy yet to see how they go, but so far so good.

ChurchurDan
Hard Yaka

Postby ChurchurDan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:00 am

Had a customer at work with these on his L200. He is happy with them and commented that they are wearing really well. They didn't look worn at all and have been on the ute for about a year. His only negative comment was they dig excessively in sand and he gets bogged. :lol:
Also they look to have a decent tread pattern and good tread depth, the rubber felt a bit hard so they may struggle on rocky terrain.

Sausager
Hard Yaka

Postby Sausager » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:09 am

Any update on these? How do they perform in the mud?

Are the sidewalls soft - ie do they bag well?

stompin
Driver/Navigator

Postby stompin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Any more feed back on the goodride tyres and how they're performing and lasting?

Currently it gets interesting with the maxxis high way terrains, so was thinking a cheap set of mudgrips truck only gets used a couple weeks a year so hard to justify expensive tyres that might last a bit longer...

Cheers

Apex707

Postby Apex707 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:25 pm

How have you got on with these tires? Looking at some here in Chch too and keen for some feedback on them

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:28 pm

Just got a set of these in 33" as they were on a really good trade special. Put them on Friday seemed to fit up ok the usual struggles when fitting a bigish tyre and its only 2 degrees not often I have to jump on tyres to get them to sit down far enough to get the top bead on, balanced up ok not big worries there. So far I have done a 1000km on them (shot down the coast on Friday afternoon and then back Saturday to look at some sections). No nosier than the RT03's they are replacing, a couple of we road handing quirks but nothing major.
Spent today cutting firewood for a contract and than seem to do the job in the mid they dig and clear so that's a good start, on the hard stuff I need to drop the pressure a bit as at 40psi they cant quite grip the frozen ground.
I will post again about them once I have driven them some more

sirLachlan
Hard Yaka

Postby sirLachlan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:59 pm

For what u pay you really cant go wrong .
They are 159 each at tyres to go chch .
I got a half worn set free with truck . They did want 140grams to balance .

They did dig in on birdlings flat where a new hilux with road tyres didnt dig in . But it I did just keep driving

They drive round in the birdlings flat mud flats pretty good

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:40 pm

So I have run these for about 7000km now and they are great. Did my first coast trip on them this weekend and I love them. Dropped them to 25lb and they just kept on performing, wet rock, gravel and west coast mud mixed with clay.
In the mud and clay I don't think I have had a tire that gas and clears as well as these do, just, just a wee bit of spin and they were clear and biting. Fantastic tire on the safari on and off road

driftinglobo
Driver/Navigator

Postby driftinglobo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:39 am

Hi
Sorry for hijacking
I am looking for some MT s for a Safari and come across this thread.
As it has been some time since the last post in this thread, and I was wondering if you still happy how these MT's preformed over summer? How do they wear on aprox how many kms, and on what vehicles?
Thanks

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 pm

driftinglobo wrote:Hi
Sorry for hijacking
I am looking for some MT s for a Safari and come across this thread.
As it has been some time since the last post in this thread, and I was wondering if you still happy how these MT's preformed over summer? How do they wear on aprox how many kms, and on what vehicles?
Thanks

Still pretty happy with the tyres, I would think that I have done around the 20-25k mark on them now and they are wearing very well. Haven't done a lot of off road on them this summer due to work being nuts but I have noticed that they do create a distinctive howl on a hot road, doesn't bother me but if you are worried about tyre howl they may not be the right tyre for you.
I usually buy a new set of tyres every 2 years and with the current wear rates I can't see that happening, and when I do at this stage I can't see why I wont be getting another set

driftinglobo
Driver/Navigator

Postby driftinglobo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:05 pm

Hi Suza

Thanks for the info, sound like these may be my next set. A bit of road noise don't bother me, as much as paying over $350 for a big brand tyre.
May I ask is your Safari Long or SWB? Turbo or NA? As I had read it in an other tread that you not loosing too much power running 33"s.
I run 33x12.5x15 for size as for me on the Safari they work well without robbing power.

For my new set I am thinking between 32" x15r or 285/75x16r,(33") but as usual over done the web search on fuel consumption, power loss, for an non turbo safari.

Thanks

Suza
Hard Yaka

Postby Suza » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Happy to share. LWB NA td42 manual . Mine seems to be a bit different to other NA Safari's in that it isn't gutless though as some of them are

Return to “Tyres”