Super Swamper tyres

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Super Swamper tyres

Postby zukmeista » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Anybody got any tips on where to buy these in NZ?

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Re: Super Swamper tyres

Postby mudlva » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Fully equiped where the agents for them. That was a few years back now, unsure if they still are.
They were excessively expensive compared to what you can get for in u.s dollars plus freight

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Wot size you after
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

92 safari 17
Hard Yaka

Postby 92 safari 17 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:54 pm

4wdbits.co.nz sells them get in contact for a quote
Prior Preperation Prevents Piss Poor Performance. My Solution: Build a Tougher Truck

Navara_Man
Driver/Navigator

Postby Navara_Man » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 am

U still looking?
If it doesnt work hit it, if it still doesnt work shoot it

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:08 pm

Not keen on your ones sorry.

BlakeJ
Hard Yaka

Postby BlakeJ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:47 pm

i wouldnt bother with them, a mate brought them from new and the edges rounded off really quickly and they just became shit, still had heaps of tread but were crap. Simex's seem to hold there edges wayy better and silverstones aswell. What size you after, my trucks getting sold so might sell the 33x10.5r15 silverstones seperatley, they are on flipped 15x8 ROH steels that i had done at elite wheels in christchurch.

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Are your silverstones the old undersized ones or the new ones? Whats the tread like on them? And a price? Can pm price if that suits you better.

callum007
Hard Yaka

Postby callum007 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:34 pm

New swampers are great. Tired silverstones and simex are rubbish too.

I have some Boggers in a container as we speak.
what size you want
Dont follow me. i'll get stuck and need a tow..

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Postby lax2wlg » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:29 pm

callum007 wrote:New swampers are great.

x2 far more versatile than those Malaysian Jungle tyres. A lot of rock crawlers swear by them.

I don't think BlakeJ or Zukmeista realize that there are about a dozen different models/types of tyre sold under the Super Swamper brand name, and that the ones for sale in that other thread are not the 'Original Swamper' design.

But of course, what would we know.

intercotire.com

rokhound
Hard Yaka

Postby rokhound » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:54 am

When it comes to the rocks they are the best "mud tyre". In NZ we have to get through a lot of shitty ground as a rule to get to the "good" areas to play in. I have 2 sets of swampers and they are both awesome on multiple terrain as the compound is softer hence they bag easier and are stick better. When compared to a Simex, I found the simex's were better in mud and slop, but rubbish at hanging on to rocks when wet.
If you like to play in the slop and crap exclusively there are cheaper options than swampers.
Ugly is a state of mind..... and the state of my truck!

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 am

lax2wlg wrote:I don't think BlakeJ or Zukmeista realize that there are about a dozen different models/types of tyre sold under the Super Swamper brand name, and that the ones for sale in that other thread are not the 'Original Swamper' design.

Yes I do actually know that. What is the point you are trying to make?
Reason why I was looking at Super Swampers is because Simex/Silverstone wear out very quickly when used on the road, and seeing as I dont drive a trailered truck I need a tyre that is more aggressive than a normal MT for offroad use but can still handle a bit of road use without wearing out in 5 sec. From the research I have done a set of bias ply Swampers will last approx 20-30,000 miles when used on the road so would suit my usage.
callum007 wrote:New swampers are great. Tired silverstones and simex are rubbish too.

I have some Boggers in a container as we speak.
what size you want

Ideally looking for something between 33"-35", preferably bias ply TSL's. Not keen on Boggers as I have heard they aren't much chop on side slopes, they do look awesome though.

lax2wlg
Hard Yaka

Postby lax2wlg » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:27 pm

zukmeista wrote:Yes I do actually know that. What is the point you are trying to make?

Just busting your balls :wink: Listen to rokhound. Super Swampers sound cool, but for what you are doing (mud bogging) there are cheaper options available here.

Just don't be surprised when you lose the dual-purpose factor.

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:55 pm

if you buy a proper digging mud tyre ie simex/silverstone/swamper don't go wasting your time with the cool factor driving around on the road with them, despite your false teeth getting shaken out with death shakes the wear factor is too great you'll wreck a good and expensive digging tyre with nice sharp edges :D in 2 minutes chewing them down on the road :x , get yourself a little lightweight garden trailer and shove the tyres on that to transport them to the sloppy bogs you want to stick your truck into then you'll get good value out of a set of mud tyres, and don't forget to shove your radiator on the back or you wont be driving anywhere after you've filled everything up with mud :D

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 am

I know that simex/silverstone will wear out quickly that's why I don't want a set of them.

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 am

zukmeista wrote:I know that simex/silverstone will wear out quickly that's why I don't want a set of them.

don't be fooled thinking swampers will give you good wear on the road any good open tread mud tyre will disappear before your eyes on the road :D

a good performing mud tyre will have deep tread, wide open voids, large outer lugs and sharp edges.... put them on the road and you can kiss goodbye to all those :D

truckingood
Bush Crasher

Postby truckingood » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:56 am

a good performing mud tyre will have deep tread, wide open voids, large outer lugs and sharp edges.... put them on the road and you can kiss goodbye to all those :D[/quote]

I learnt that the hard way :oops: I have town tyres as well! being a lazy f#*k = not cheap :(

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm not expecting much, only do about 10,000k's a year at the most, will get a set of road tyres or a road car when the bank balance allows.

Mattman
Hard Yaka

Postby Mattman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:35 pm

I have a set of 33in Silverstones and they are amazing in the mud but not so good on rock or gravel/sand.

Road use is pretty bad. Very noisy and bad road manners especially in the wet and wind.

Did I mention how good they are in the mud? Haha.

Matt.

datsunsafari
Hard Yaka

Postby datsunsafari » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:36 am

imo super swampers are shit,have seen them in action on a mates truck.i have a set of silverstones love them and wont be changing to another brand.they are mud tyres not every day road tyres get yourself a set of road tyres if you plan on driving your on truck the road regularly save the mud tyres for the mud :wink:

derk
Hard Yaka

Postby derk » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:12 pm

datsunsafari wrote:imo super swampers are shit,have seen them in action on a mates truck.i have a set of silverstones love them and wont be changing to another brand.

its all horses for courses mate, all subjective to the terrain, conditions, application, the type of truck (weight, HP etc), driving style, technique (or lack of :lol: ) etc etc no one tyre fits everything.... silverstones are becoming an increasingly popular tyre with their price, soft compound, larger voids than simex and now being produced in bigger molds but how many trucks do you see using them at top level national trials competition there might be 2 or 3 at most and they aren't the top performing trucks, that dosent mean they aren't a good tyre it just means they aren't suited to what they are doing and their trucks will be going 10x the places your truck on your silverstones would be capable of going, don't get me wrong I'm not bagging your truck or tyres I'm just pointing out every tyre has its own place and application in 4WDing :D

personally I do rate Silverstone as a current top tyre but they aren't the be all and end all the same as all the other tyres available out there and no I have no interest or intention of ever putting swampers on my truck either but only because they wouldn't suit my application :D

rokhound
Hard Yaka

Postby rokhound » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:09 pm

derk wrote:its all horses for courses mate, all subjective to the terrain, conditions, application, the type of truck (weight, HP etc), driving style, technique (or lack of :lol: ) etc etc no one tyre fits everything.... silverstones are becoming an increasingly popular tyre with their price, soft compound, larger voids than simex and now being produced in bigger molds but how many trucks do you see using them at top level national trials competition there might be 2 or 3 at most and they aren't the top performing trucks, that dosent mean they aren't a good tyre it just means they aren't suited to what they are doing and their trucks will be going 10x the places your truck on your silverstones would be capable of going, don't get me wrong I'm not bagging your truck or tyres I'm just pointing out every tyre has its own place and application in 4WDing :D

personally I do rate Silverstone as a current top tyre but they aren't the be all and end all the same as all the other tyres available out there and no I have no interest or intention of ever putting swampers on my truck either but only because they wouldn't suit my application :D

Perfectly stated
Ugly is a state of mind..... and the state of my truck!

callum007
Hard Yaka

Postby callum007 » Thu May 15, 2014 7:44 am

Yes. Swampers are definitely crap. but they'll look good on the triton.

Dont follow me. i'll get stuck and need a tow..

4WDbits
Hard Yaka

Postby 4WDbits » Thu May 15, 2014 9:46 am

rokhound wrote:
derk wrote:its all horses for courses mate, all subjective to the terrain, conditions, application, the type of truck (weight, HP etc), driving style, technique (or lack of :lol: ) etc etc no one tyre fits everything.... silverstones are becoming an increasingly popular tyre with their price, soft compound, larger voids than simex and now being produced in bigger molds but how many trucks do you see using them at top level national trials competition there might be 2 or 3 at most and they aren't the top performing trucks, that dosent mean they aren't a good tyre it just means they aren't suited to what they are doing and their trucks will be going 10x the places your truck on your silverstones would be capable of going, don't get me wrong I'm not bagging your truck or tyres I'm just pointing out every tyre has its own place and application in 4WDing :D

Perfectly stated

And of course Simex and Silverstone are a single tread pattern whereas Swampers (Interco) come in about 15 different tread patterns with some available in bias or radial. I've used IROK radials in winch comps and they gave very little away to Simex on the same tracks, sometimes better. They also handle nicely, even over 140kph on tracks and metal roads.
They are my current choice of all round tyre.

Filthy4x4
Hard Yaka

Postby Filthy4x4 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:46 pm

datsunsafari wrote:imo super swampers are shit,have seen them in action on a mates truck.i have a set of silverstones love them and wont be changing to another brand.they are mud tyres not every day road tyres get yourself a set of road tyres if you plan on driving your on truck the road regularly save the mud tyres for the mud :wink:

Hey hey hey, thats not very nice :lol: but do have to agree as much as I love my swampers , they struggle to keep up. Awesome looking tyres across the range, very tough sidewalls, dont last long on the road but they have awesome sizes available.

Id be interested to try a set of boggers out but my next set of tahs are gonna be silverstones... fingers crossed they start making 37s :mrgreen:
027 MUD GEAR - (027 683 4327)

Check our facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Filthy4x4

http://www.facebook.com/Filthymotorsportnz

MNC
Hard Yaka

Postby MNC » Thu May 15, 2014 10:04 pm

Love the Swamper/Bogger combo I'm running. Having used this combo for the last few years I wouldn't trade them for any other brand.

They are perfectly suited to my truck setup and the type of offroading that I enjoy... and I'm yet to have any issues keeping up with others...
Attachments
FJ40 bush.jpg

charo249
Hard Yaka

Postby charo249 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:15 pm

I have a set of swampers and they perform well in boggy swampy conditions and over rocks but a Simex/Silverstone will outperform them on greasy clay or steep grassy hills. Wouldn't recommend them as your only set of tyres (get a set of normal mud terrains and some chains if you hate changing wheels) as they vibrate at certain speeds (even with hundreds of grams of wheel weights on them) and above 120km start to howl. Same goes for Simex's/Silverstones and on any of the aggressive brands you need on board air if you are going to leave them on all the time as need to be aired down to sub 15psi pressures to perform at their best off road and over 40psi if you don't want to wear them out real quick on road.

Return to “Tyres”