Sidewall Repairs

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Sidewall Repairs

Postby zukmeista » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:09 pm

Turns out the sidewalls on the swampers I just bought are a bit sad, two of them have a deep cut through the cords and various smaller cuts that aren't too deep. The deep ones are less than 20mm long. Seller has offered refund on tyres but thought I would look into cost of repair first as I would quite like to use them on my truck if possible. As per profile I am located in Whangarei (upper north island), who does these sorts of repairs and how much does it cost? Been told theres a local that does it but supposedly over $100 per repair so wouldn't be cost effective for me.

DieselBoy
Hard Yaka

Re: Sidewall Repairs

Postby DieselBoy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm no help to ya whangarei wise, but in Hamilton a shop call Tyre Savers does wicked vulcanizing repairs, they have repaired a few side walls for me over the years, the latest being the side wall of the front right Maxxis Bighorn Mt 762 after the Defender was crashed into recently. That cost $25.

Just thought I would throw it in the thread as a price comparison if nothing else :D
lax2wlg wrote:Is that like saying 'she's hot, for a crackwhore??

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Cheers DB thought $100+ sounded a bit excessive will be doing another trip to Auckland soon so happy to consider options down that way also what sort of time does it take to do it?

mudlva
Hard Yaka

Postby mudlva » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:10 pm

the company called Auckland Tyre Doctors in great south rd otahuhu

does awesome repairs and weren't overly expensive either best that i can remember

he fixed a way bigger slash in the side wall of my swamper and stated that it was good for booth front and rear.

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Gave him a ring and he said approx $35 per repair and takes half a day, so unless anyone has a better option I will take them to this dude, cheers for the help guys.

DEATH_INC
Hard Yaka

Postby DEATH_INC » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 pm

Who did ya see in whangarei? Go see Craig at firestone if ya haven't, he may be able to point you in the right direction.
Otherwise if ya coming this way, the tyre doctor is good, we use them too.

zukmeista
Hard Yaka

Postby zukmeista » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:42 am

Coming down to Auckland anyway so may as well go with the tried and tested option. :D

Return to “Tyres”