Best Value for Money getting new tyres

The Green Machine
Driver/Navigator

Best Value for Money getting new tyres

Postby The Green Machine » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:48 am

I recently outfitted our Terrano with a new set of Hankook Dynapro AT's and are very happy with them.

I looked and shopped around a bit and found that the internet tyre company tyresales.co.nz was the cheapest for these - $191 per tyre delivered to your door. I then used the mobile tyre guy here in ChCh to fit them - $90 to change the lot plus put the best one on the spare - the service was excellent.

Am interested whether or not other people have gone this way or have found better value elsewhere or by other methods?

Colinl
Hard Yaka

Re: Best Value for Money getting new tyres

Postby Colinl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:22 am

Go find a local tyre shop that's into 4wding and go support them.
Then you can go glean knowledge off them and get looked after at the same time.

They wont be the cheapest because they cant be due to cost of a running workshop, paying wages, tools etc.

But they will give you a A grade service and back up their workmanship & products.

TJ
Hard Yaka

Postby TJ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:54 am

For some reason the original post to me comes across like those paid tv testimonials by so called customers.

I seriously hope you are not spamming or advertising under the disguise of being a happy customer.

We have vendors here who support the site and the offroad community in general. I would rather deal with them than go for the cheapest price.
'12 JK Rubicon V6 3.6L Auto D44/D44

The Green Machine
Driver/Navigator

Postby The Green Machine » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:09 pm

TJ wrote:For some reason the original post to me comes across like those paid tv testimonials by so called customers.

I seriously hope you are not spamming or advertising under the disguise of being a happy customer.

We have vendors here who support the site and the offroad community in general. I would rather deal with them than go for the cheapest price.

Lol, not at all! If you can get good service and good price at the same time surely that is good?!

I am just "Joe Bloggs" who thinks he got a good deal but wants to see if there are other options out there....

skid
Tyre Man

Postby skid » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Colinl wrote:Go find a local tyre shop that's into 4wding and go support them.

They wont be the cheapest because they cant be due to cost of a running workshop, paying wages, tools etc.

But they will give you a A grade service and back up their workmanship & products.

Exactly what he said.

Especially the back up service in regards to warranty claims etc etc.

Those in the industry have far more knowledge and experience than the majority of online sales guys ;-)
80 Series on 35" creepies, manual with twin factory lockers.

*CHILLAX BRO.*

The Green Machine
Driver/Navigator

Postby The Green Machine » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:01 pm

skid wrote:
Colinl wrote:Go find a local tyre shop that's into 4wding and go support them.

Exactly what he said.

Especially the back up service in regards to warranty claims etc etc.

Those in the industry have far more knowledge and experience than the majority of online sales guys ;-)

Fully appreciate your thoughts re local suppliers etc. and agree.

However, the internet sale company is actually an "arm" of Auckland retail outlet Megatyres, so why wouldn't you get good backup service, warranties etc.?

44jetboat
Hard Yaka

Postby 44jetboat » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:02 pm

sorry guys but when your running a over priced house morgage , 2 kids , mum at home with the kids, working 10 - 12 hour days and paid below the average, any money you can save is well worth it. if it means i can get out for a play and put bit more gas in the tank its well worth it to me.

i always think when i buy something "how long did i have to work to afford this" and 20 odd bucks is a hour and a hour at work is a long time lol

y60 safari driver
Hard Yaka

Postby y60 safari driver » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:11 pm

44jetboat wrote:sorry guys but when your running a over priced house morgage , 2 kids , mum at home with the kids, working 10 - 12 hour days and paid below the average, any money you can save is well worth it. if it means i can get out for a play and put bit more gas in the tank its well worth it to me.

i always think when i buy something "how long did i have to work to afford this" and 20 odd bucks is a hour and a hour at work is a long time lol

yep fully agree with that, would love to support any 4wd enthused workshop but got to look out for family and bills first, then find the best way to make whatever money left over go as far as possible

Return to “Tyres”