Muds for GQ LWB Patrol

timmay556
Hard Yaka

Muds for GQ LWB Patrol

Postby timmay556 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:48 pm

I'm in two minds;
Buy a set of Simex/Silverstones in 33" for only offroad days

Or sell the good set of AT's I have now (285 size) and buy some KM2's for every day and off road use.

If I was to keep my current AT's and buy the Silverstones I am looking at the 33x10.5r15 size tire. Is this wide enough for the big old girl? Would they go best on a 7 in rim?
Last edited by timmay556 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slidenyo
Hard Yaka

Re: Muds for GQ LWB Patrol

Postby slidenyo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:51 am

I just went with federal couragias, nice aggressive open pattern at $345 each they are a good price point and seem to be lasting on the road quite well on gu lwb in 33"
problems are only a problem if you not willing to learn how to find solutions

albundy
Rolly Polly

Postby albundy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:46 pm

For what it's worth I'd keep the AT's for everyday runners and rivers. The silverstones are only good in wet sloppy mud IMHO, so I would be looking at a more all round MT. One that has good performance in not only all types of mud but pea shingle, snow and over rock. Also how much wear you'll get should also be a factor. All this depends entirely where and what type of terrain you do your wheeling. The silverstones are good for some westcoast mud, not all and entirely shiit in all other terrains. They wear fast as well. I'm currently running the maxxis 764 and am happy with the performance thus far in Aussie terrain.
rain, hail, sleet or snow, we go!

92 safari 17
Hard Yaka

Postby 92 safari 17 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:30 am

I run mickey Thompson mtz as my all round tyres on my gq lwb ute, will be buy them agian as they are a excellent tyre and wernt to expensive compaired to what I normally buy (super swampers) my brother runs km2s as his road tyres, has used them off road once and said they were useless. He has decided that he is buy mickey Thompson mtz next time.
Prior Preperation Prevents Piss Poor Performance. My Solution: Build a Tougher Truck

Return to “Tyres”