how many kms out of your kl71s?

rxsmiddy
Bush Crasher

how many kms out of your kl71s?

Postby rxsmiddy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:01 pm

i had the old style bfg on my hilux and the guy i sold it to has just about run them bald, there 6 - 7 years old
just about to sign off on some new bfgs for my cruiser but interested to know what guys are getting out of kl71s? 35in

Crash bandicoot
Hard Yaka

Re: how many kms out of your kl71s?

Postby Crash bandicoot » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:08 pm

65K off my old set of 12.5.s and 53k off my set of 32x10.5 just gone. Mostly onroad/gravel/rock and beach.. got cut up quite bad on the likes of odlins road
First set was hilux, second set was on mistral.
If your looking at alot of mud work id stick with the harder compound non directional bfg as the khumo is softer.
Waiter...there is a drought in my glass.

stovanovich
Hard Yaka

Postby stovanovich » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:56 am

You're gonna get far more KMs out of the BFG but my KL71s don't seem to wear that bad at all, can't even count how long have had them on now but it'll be a fair few over the last year and maybe worn 2mm? :D Just gotta monitor your pressures when on road (around 40PSI is manufacturer recommendation)
Te Rino
'92 Nissan Terrano | Intercooled TD27T | 33 x 10.5s
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=42742
"Hubs In, Caps Off"

coxsy
Hard Yaka

Postby coxsy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:03 am

18,000 kms on my safari till usualable on my safari, general rubbish on a heavy truck anyway
89 safari, pto winch, 33x15 simexs. sliders,75mm lift . turbo intercoolered

muddy
Hard Yaka

Postby muddy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:14 am

There may be some variation in quality, or maybe I was just unlucky - but I had a set of 35in KL71's half worn after about 10,000km (38psi) and three punctures through the tread on gravel forestry roads. Admittedly a heavy truck (Safari) but not driven hard on the road. I won't be buying them again. Now running Maxxis Trepadors - wearing MUCH better and no punctures - probably the best radials I've seen for mud work, and they've stood up well to some pretty nasty rock & shale without damage. Mt Greenland, Petrol Hill, Slab Hut Creek, Trev's Hill, Kooze's Track, etc. Not in the same league as Simex/Silverstone offroad - but I've found them a good all-round tyre.

rxsmiddy
Bush Crasher

Postby rxsmiddy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:57 pm

muddy wrote:There may be some variation in quality, or maybe I was just unlucky - but I had a set of 35in KL71's half worn after about 10,000km (38psi) and three punctures through the tread on gravel forestry roads. Admittedly a heavy truck (Safari) but not driven hard on the road. I won't be buying them again. Now running Maxxis Trepadors - wearing MUCH better and no punctures - probably the best radials I've seen for mud work, and they've stood up well to some pretty nasty rock & shale without damage. Mt Greenland, Petrol Hill, Slab Hut Creek, Trev's Hill, Kooze's Track, etc. Not in the same league as Simex/Silverstone offroad - but I've found them a good all-round tyre.

Must have a look at mt greenland, its only 1 minute from home!
bfgs it is
4wd bits seem to have the best price

Return to “Tyres”