Falken WIldpeak AT Tyres???? Yea or nah

Crawlerer79
Hard Yaka

Falken WIldpeak AT Tyres???? Yea or nah

Postby Crawlerer79 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Anyone running these?
http://www.tyrepower.co.nz/shop/Brands/ ... 98479.html
I'm looking at these for my Zook in the 30x9.5R15 on 15x7 ROH Black Trak rims w/ 0p offset.
Any info about them would be great. Been quotes $250 a piece for tyres and $140 a rim. Tyres seem a good price but rims are a big pricey.... cheaper at Hyperdrive.
The Americans seem to love these tyres etc. 'Four Wheeler' reckoning that they go far further than any AT should ever have to which I like the sound of.
May also put in some beadlocking tape that the speedway guys use.... sounds like a neat product.
Would be purchasing soon, just need to get back in stock and I need to send a few things on their way so I can untie a few extra funds....
Appreciate any info
Cheers guys
'The Big Truck' - 2001 TD5 Disco II
'Lando' - 1994 V8 Disco
'The Caramel Trophy Truck" - 1990 Disco Ex-Camel Trophy (?)

sirLachlan
Hard Yaka

Re: Falken WIldpeak AT Tyres???? Yea or nah

Postby sirLachlan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:02 pm

What is 'bead locking tape ' google doesn't help . Any other names or description? Cheers

Crawlerer79
Hard Yaka

Re: Falken WIldpeak AT Tyres???? Yea or nah

Postby Crawlerer79 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:50 pm

sirLachlan wrote:What is 'bead locking tape ' google doesn't help . Any other names or description? Cheers

I dunno. I work with a guy from speedway background and he said something about beadlock tape which you put on the bead and then when you need to release the bead you use a chemical that comes with the kit which releases the tyre. Better than builder's foam etc. cause with that you have to chuck out the tyre and rim together if one gets damaged. Since writing this post it sounds like it may not be a tape, but a liquid glue.... he got the name wrong so then I did too. He's getting the name for it for me.... I'll keep you posted :)
'The Big Truck' - 2001 TD5 Disco II
'Lando' - 1994 V8 Disco
'The Caramel Trophy Truck" - 1990 Disco Ex-Camel Trophy (?)

Return to “Tyres”